Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 2:59 pm

Is this typically something that's technically un-aspie or is it just one of those thats six one and half a dozen another?

My New Years last night was pretty fun, went to a bar with a few friends, chatted up a whole bunch of new people (lots of cute girls as well), got in all kinds of great conversations, enjoyed drinking cheap champagne as the ball dropped, even danced to something that I usually can't get myself to move to at all unless the peer pressure is there - yeah, country.

Still, when I'm in a situation - usually a house party, rave, some sort of big social event, spirits are riding high, everyone's real talkative in a real positive way, I feel a lot of reverence for those moments, what they are, the level that the social connections exist on, and it flips me around from introvert to extrovert. Its great and its one of those things where part of me wishes we could pull that state out more often. Also, when old friends come through for me in one way or another or when I pull through for them - I'll get that same feeling, reverence for the connection.

Just a point I like to ponder because it seems like its a point where we're all a bit more spiritually elevated and its, IMO, higher level stuff (ie. in terms of spiritual/mind elevation, a higher energy level than I usually see entertained by most).

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Jan 2008, 2:39 pm

im defintly aware of my spirit, especially when im around others. i feel different, like i dont belong in that situation so once you findout the answer i'd like to know it aswell

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 9:05 pm

I used to have the 'spirit' of the moment and seemingly connect to people at parties. But now I feel that I am wasting my efforts, sooner or later people realize that I am different and treat me accordingly; like nothing.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 9:08 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Is this typically something that's technically un-aspie or is it just one of those thats six one and half a dozen another?

My New Years last night was pretty fun, went to a bar with a few friends, chatted up a whole bunch of new people (lots of cute girls as well), got in all kinds of great conversations, enjoyed drinking cheap champagne as the ball dropped, even danced to something that I usually can't get myself to move to at all unless the peer pressure is there - yeah, country.

Still, when I'm in a situation - usually a house party, rave, some sort of big social event, spirits are riding high, everyone's real talkative in a real positive way, I feel a lot of reverence for those moments, what they are, the level that the social connections exist on, and it flips me around from introvert to extrovert. Its great and its one of those things where part of me wishes we could pull that state out more often. Also, when old friends come through for me in one way or another or when I pull through for them - I'll get that same feeling, reverence for the connection.

Just a point I like to ponder because it seems like its a point where we're all a bit more spiritually elevated and its, IMO, higher level stuff (ie. in terms of spiritual/mind elevation, a higher energy level than I usually see entertained by most).

---

Levels of consciousness/awareness can be temporarily affected by such items as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champagne_(wine)

---

The Pet Rock - side effect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock

LoyalMyles
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2010, 10:13 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 2:55 pm

Gravedigga advisory: some content in this thread might be older than corduroy, perms, or snap-on bracelets put together. Consider yourself warned!

Katharsistwo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2010, 4:05 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Gravedigga advisory: some content in this thread might be older than corduroy, perms, or snap-on bracelets put together. Consider yourself warned!

Nice pic for the hanotaux thread!