Two possible treatable causes of autism

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:13 pm

NOTE - IF YOU ARE OFFENDED AT A CURE, PLEASE DON'T READ BELOW
This is for those of us interested in being cured/treated or learning more about autism

I'm sorry for everyone I offended earlier by using an inappropriate title (which I've changed) and not explaining more clearly.

A recent scientific paper hypothesizes that autism may be caused by an infection with Borrelia burgdorferi or mycoplasma. 25% of autistics tested positive for Borrelia burgdorferi. 58% tested positive for mycoplasma.

Borrelia burgdorferi comes from ticks and causes Lyme disease. It has been proven that a mother can transmit it to her fetus which may result in autism. Mycoplasma also comes from ticks but has also been found to contaminate many vaccines and is transmitted more easily than Lyme. Both Lyme disease and mycoplasma cause the same symptoms as CFS in adults and can be treated with long-term antibiotics. I'd like to know what you all think about it.

Quote:
Med Hypotheses. 2007 Nov 1 [Epub ahead of print]
The association between tick-borne infections, Lyme borreliosis and autism spectrum disorders.
Bransfield RC, Wulfman JS, Harvey WT, Usman AI.

Department of Psychiatry, Riverview Medical Center, 225 State Route 35, Red Bank, NJ, United States.

Support for this hypothesis includes multiple cases of mothers with Lyme disease and children with autism spectrum disorders; fetal neurological abnormalities associated with tick-borne diseases; similarities between tick-borne diseases and autism spectrum disorder regarding symptoms, pathophysiology, immune reactivity, temporal lobe pathology, and brain imaging data; positive reactivity in several studies with autistic spectrum disorder patients for Borrelia burgdorferi (22%, 26% and 20-30%) and 58% for mycoplasma; similar geographic distribution and improvement in autistic symptoms from antibiotic treatment.

PMID: 17980971 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17980971

One study found mycoplasma in many veterans with Gulf War Syndrome (same symptoms as CFS). Many of their children were diagnosed with autism and also tested positive for mycoplasma. They may have gotten mycoplasma from the multiple vaccines they were given and then transmitted it to their wife (diagnosed as CFS) and children (diagnosed as autism).

Quote:
Chronic Mycoplasmal Infections in Autism Patients
Garth L. Nicolson,1 PhD, Marwan Y. Nasralla,2 PhD, Paul Berns,1 MD
and Jeorg Haier,3 MD, PhD
The Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, California, USA,,
International Molecular Diagnostics, Inc., Huntington Beach, California, USA,
Department of Internal Medicine, and
Department of Surgery, Wilhelm-University, Munster, Germany
Correspondence: Prof. Garth L. Nicolson, Office of the President, The Institute for Molecular Medicine, 15162 Triton Lane, Huntington Beach, California 92649. Tel: 714-903-2900; Fax: 714-379-2082; Email: [email protected] email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it ; Website: www.immed.org

Abstract
A majority of Autism patients have systemic bacterial, viral and fungal infections that may play an important part in their illnesses. We found that immediate family members of veterans diagnosed with Gulf War Illnesses (GWI) often complain of fatiguing illnesses, and upon analysis they report similar signs and symptoms as their veteran family members, except that their children are often diagnosed with Autism. Since a relatively common finding in GWI patients is a bacterial infection due to Mycoplasma fermentans, we examined military families (149 patients: 42 veterans, 40 spouses, 32 other relatives and 35 children with at least one family complaint of illness) selected from a group of 110 veterans with GWI who tested positive (~42%) for mycoplasmal infections. Consistent with previous results, over 80% of GWI patients who were positive for blood mycoplasmal infections had only one Mycoplasma species, M. fermentans. In healthy control subjects the incidence of mycoplasmal nfection was ~8.5% and none were found to have multiple mycoplasmal species (P<0.001). In 107 family members of mycoplasma-positive GWI patients there were 57 patients (53%) that had essentially the same signs and symptoms as the veterans and were diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME) and/or Fibromyalgia Syndrome. The majority of children (n=35) in this group were diagnosed with autism.

http://zeoliteautismstudy.com/home/inde ... &Itemid=86

One symptom of Lyme disease is "autism-like syndrome" That may be why parents have some autistic traits. http://www.ilads.org/PsychiatristBrochure.pdf

WARNING - antibiotics can make fungal infections worse so if you have Lyme or mycoplasma plus an unknown fungal infection, then antibiotics can make you more worse (more autistic plus other symptoms)

More info about autism and Lyme:
http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/
http://prweb.com/releases/Autism/Lyme+D ... 567605.htm
http://www.canlyme.com/autismlyme.html

Last edited by zendell on 01 Jan 2008, 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:15 pm

I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want to help those of us who want to be cured. I'm also curious what everyone else thinks about the possible link between infectious diseases and autism.

squier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:16 pm

i don't beleive you, it's a syndrome NO ONE IS CATCHING IT!

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:18 pm

Don't feed the troll.

squier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:20 pm

Tequila wrote:
Don't feed the troll.

I have an Idea, lets talk about stuff on this page that has nothing to do with what zendell posted.
I beat Guitar Hero 3 on my wii earlier today!

my book:

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:20 pm

For a second there, I thought foresam was back

I'm a hypochondriac. Please don't kill me.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:25 pm

I watched "Blade Runner: The Final Cut" today. Love it. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow. The second disc with the background story to the movie is also worth watching.

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:25 pm

8O WOW.... I must REALLY be confused... so when in that chain of events did the ticks get the MMR vaccine?? :twisted:

squier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:26 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
I watched "Blade Runner: The Final Cut" today. Love it. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow. The second disc with the background story to the movie is also worth watching.

what's "blade runner"? I'm probably too young to have heard of it

my book:

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:33 pm

The OP is a joke, right? Right? :hmph:

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:35 pm

squier wrote:
MysteryFan3 wrote:

Some post-apocalypse film from the late 80's or early 90's IIRC.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

AspieDave wrote:
8O WOW.... I must REALLY be confused... so when in that chain of events did the ticks get the MMR vaccine?? :twisted:

LOL! :lol:

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

zendell wrote:
A recent scientific paper hypothesizes that autism may be caused by an infection with Borrelia burgdorferi or mycoplasma. 25% of autistics tested positive for Borrelia burgdorferi. 58% tested positive for mycoplasma.

Borrelia burgdorferi comes from ticks and causes Lyme disease. It has been proven that a mother can transmit it to her fetus which may result in autism. Mycoplasma also comes from ticks but has also been found to contaminate many vaccines and is transmitted more easily than Lyme. Both Lyme disease and mycoplasma cause the same symptoms as CFS in adults and can be treated with long-term antibiotics. I'd like to know what you all think about it.

Quote:
Med Hypotheses. 2007 Nov 1 [Epub ahead of print]
The association between tick-borne infections, Lyme borreliosis and autism spectrum disorders.
Bransfield RC, Wulfman JS, Harvey WT, Usman AI.

Department of Psychiatry, Riverview Medical Center, 225 State Route 35, Red Bank, NJ, United States.

Support for this hypothesis includes multiple cases of mothers with Lyme disease and children with autism spectrum disorders; fetal neurological abnormalities associated with tick-borne diseases; similarities between tick-borne diseases and autism spectrum disorder regarding symptoms, pathophysiology, immune reactivity, temporal lobe pathology, and brain imaging data; positive reactivity in several studies with autistic spectrum disorder patients for Borrelia burgdorferi (22%, 26% and 20-30%) and 58% for mycoplasma; similar geographic distribution and improvement in autistic symptoms from antibiotic treatment.

PMID: 17980971 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17980971

One study found mycoplasma in many veterans with Gulf War Syndrome (same symptoms as CFS). Many of their children were diagnosed with autism and also tested positive for mycoplasma. They may have gotten mycoplasma from the multiple vaccines they were given and then transmitted it to their wife (diagnosed as CFS) and children (diagnosed as autism).

Quote:
Chronic Mycoplasmal Infections in Autism Patients
Garth L. Nicolson,1 PhD, Marwan Y. Nasralla,2 PhD, Paul Berns,1 MD
and Jeorg Haier,3 MD, PhD
The Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, California, USA,,
International Molecular Diagnostics, Inc., Huntington Beach, California, USA,
Department of Internal Medicine, and
Department of Surgery, Wilhelm-University, Munster, Germany
Correspondence: Prof. Garth L. Nicolson, Office of the President, The Institute for Molecular Medicine, 15162 Triton Lane, Huntington Beach, California 92649. Tel: 714-903-2900; Fax: 714-379-2082; Email: [email protected] email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it ; Website: www.immed.org

Abstract
A majority of Autism patients have systemic bacterial, viral and fungal infections that may play an important part in their illnesses. We found that immediate family members of veterans diagnosed with Gulf War Illnesses (GWI) often complain of fatiguing illnesses, and upon analysis they report similar signs and symptoms as their veteran family members, except that their children are often diagnosed with Autism. Since a relatively common finding in GWI patients is a bacterial infection due to Mycoplasma fermentans, we examined military families (149 patients: 42 veterans, 40 spouses, 32 other relatives and 35 children with at least one family complaint of illness) selected from a group of 110 veterans with GWI who tested positive (~42%) for mycoplasmal infections. Consistent with previous results, over 80% of GWI patients who were positive for blood mycoplasmal infections had only one Mycoplasma species, M. fermentans. In healthy control subjects the incidence of mycoplasmal nfection was ~8.5% and none were found to have multiple mycoplasmal species (P<0.001). In 107 family members of mycoplasma-positive GWI patients there were 57 patients (53%) that had essentially the same signs and symptoms as the veterans and were diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME) and/or Fibromyalgia Syndrome. The majority of children (n=35) in this group were diagnosed with autism.

http://zeoliteautismstudy.com/home/inde ... &Itemid=86

One symptom of Lyme disease is "autism-like syndrome" That may be why parents have some autistic traits. http://www.ilads.org/PsychiatristBrochure.pdf

WARNING - antibiotics can make fungal infections worse so if you have Lyme or mycoplasma plus an unknown fungal infection, then antibiotics can make you more worse (more autistic plus other symptoms)

More info about autism and Lyme:
http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/
http://prweb.com/releases/Autism/Lyme+D ... 567605.htm
http://www.canlyme.com/autismlyme.html

I think there is a link between Ice Cream and autism. 99% of children diagnosed with Autism had a mother at some point in time that ate ice cream. There is got to be a connection. Correlation equals causation.

Best,

Idaho Aspie
www.AllThingsAspergers.com

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:36 pm

squier wrote:
MysteryFan3 wrote:

It's a movie set in 2019 about a police detective (Harrison Ford) who has to hunt down and kill four androids (called Replicants) who hijack a spacecraft, kill the crew and come to Earth. The movie was released in 1982. Several other versions were released after, with the most recent being the Director's Cut in the 1990's and now the Final Cut. The cast includes Rutger Hauer, Daryl Hannah, Joanna Cassidy, William Sanderson, Edward James Olmos, Sean Young and James Wong.

It's a cult favorite among a lot of scifi fans.

squier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
squier wrote:
MysteryFan3 wrote:

It's a movie set in 2019 about a police detective (Harrison Ford) who has to hunt down and kill four androids (called Replicants) who hijack a spacecraft, kill the crew and come to Earth. The movie was released in 1982. Several other versions were released after, with the most recent being the Director's Cut in the 1990's and now the Final Cut. The cast includes Rutger Hauer, Daryl Hannah, Joanna Cassidy, William Sanderson, Edward James Olmos, Sean Young and James Wong.

It's a cult favorite among a lot of scifi fans.

oh, yeah!! i saw a reveiw of it on "Attack of the Show!" they say there's an alternate ending involving a silver unicorn, i still don't know if they were serious or kidding... :?

my book:

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:41 pm

Quote:
WOW.... I must REALLY be confused... so when in that chain of events did the ticks get the MMR vaccine??

Thanks for asking. Ticks aren't in the vaccines. Some vaccines are known to be contaminated with Mycoplasma fermentans which is a possible cause autism.