Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2008, 10:22 pm

When I am relaxed...and not trying to think about something, I feel like an airhead. I feel stupid. Does anyone else feel this way? I doubt NTs feel this way.

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 10:26 pm

Not then... but I often feel stupid when I completely misinterpret something an NT is trying to say to me and it's obvious from everyone's expressions that I completely missed the point.....

If they'd just talk DIRECTLY to what they're getting at.... then yeah, fine. Or when they use sports analogies... I loath any kind of organized sport other than martial arts and fencing. I object to doing away with music and art programs in our local public schools and spending over a million dollars a year on sports programs... and I tend to be blunt and rude in my voicing that objection. If I do that in front of the wrong people at work... I've been known to feel stupid then, as well...

01 Jan 2008, 11:07 pm

I feel stupid all the time when I make dumb mistakes like not noticing something in front of me. I feel stupid at work a lot because I miss interput what I hear or I forget what someone told me. So I been remembering to carry a note pad with me to keep myself more organized. I wrote down room numbers I need to deliver stuff too and I write down items next to the room number when I am in the middle of delivering something else. Words tend to leave my head.
I feel stupid when I get numbers mixed up and people still say I am good with them and with the math even though I get confused with it.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 11:18 pm

I'm stupid in a lot ways and smart in a lot of ways. When I am smart, I feel very smart. When I am dumb, I feel very dumb.

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2008, 2:17 am

I wouldn't say I feel stupid in those circumstances but I'm not sure how to describe how I feel either.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2008, 2:20 am

I feel stupid at work quite often because I get confused sometimes and have a hard time dealing with the customers (I work at a store in the mall. Definitely not the best place for me, but I needed a job and my friend works there...). It almost makes me enjoy school, where everyone thinks I'm like a genius or something. lol

Tilkor
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2008, 6:27 pm

I only feel stupid at work myself. But then, I don't have the best of boss's in the world. Usually, I would go ahead and try to fix whatever issues there are to be fixed, and my boss gets after me about it. When I try to talk to him about it, he always seems to find a way to make me feel worse. Thank god, I'm out of there on the 16'th of this month.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 7:30 pm

i like to fill my head and dreams with things i know people would consider stupid... so i dont ask their opinion!

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 7:32 pm

Sometimes i do feel a bit stupid actually.
But you know, i bet these so called nts do feel this way. Sometimes.
xx

Leo21k
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2008, 7:43 pm

I dont feel stupid but I do feel like I have mind fog most of the time.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 7:50 pm

I feel stupid when I really, really try to do something right, and someone gets really mad at me for whatever I did. And often I tried to think, "Which way should I do it?" and I had a choice and picked at random and it was the way that got them mad.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 8:01 pm

People have been telling me I'm stupid a lot. How can saying "you're stupid", be considered constructive criticism? And what do they hope to achieve by repeatably telling me that I'm something, when in fact, they have no idea? They don't know my motives, they don't know what goes through my mind, and yet they find themselves in the position to say so. Am I stupid? What does it matter to them?

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 8:02 pm

Sometimes I have trouble understanding people, like I can't hear them or something, and that can be embarrassing.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 9:54 pm

I don't think ANYONE half way intelligent goes very long without considering some thing they have said, thought, done as being stupid. Say the truth, haven't you ALL?

Likewise, at times, I have. I am pretty much THROUGH listening to other peoples opinions on how smart I am. SURE, they may make me reassess MYSELF, but they are often wrong. Even when they aren't, it often doesn't matter. EVERYONE has similar problems.

As for the situation you described, I tend to feel dumbest after I hear about what some of you, or remember how I USED to be. Today, if I am not actively thinking about something, my mind is like a dark empty building. I question how much I really know. I am really lacking in SOME areas. It took me a while to realize that MOST lack in those areas.

Anyway, if I need information, it is often there, and the dark empty building starts looking more like a BIG fancy library. and I don't feel so dumb. Even if I forget something, it is usually easier to remember the next time.

Last edited by 2ukenkerl on 05 Jan 2008, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 9:56 pm

My full name:
YowlingStupidCat

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 10:05 pm

well my middle name aint "grace" or "couth" or "linear" lol

got free science papers?