05 Jan 2008, 10:08 pm

No, I don't feel stupid.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 10:27 pm

I usually feel really smart, I'm actually quite wise considering how much I read. Also my vocabulary is quite huge. However in other situations, social ones, or certain conversations, I'm a total ret*d.

Its just like anyone though really, specialize one way and you'll fall another.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 11:43 pm

All of the time.

I have too many questions, no definite answers.

Ironically enough, I'm sure death won't provide them either.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 12:40 am

I feel totally brain dead. I can't figure simple things out and have an IQ of -30. My pet bird is smarter than me. I can't even do simple math like 1+1=. What does it equal? Is it 7? or 11? That problem is too advanced for me! Oh nooooo! We all going to die! World peace according to Mr. Bush. Our president is a heck of a lot smarter than me. People in school many years ago called me stupid. And that is the teachers talking and not just the stupid kids. Oh and I forgot. My vocabulary is equalled to that of a 2 year old child.

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jan 2008, 4:27 am

I only feel stupid at work because I am not as good as th other workers (not yet) and because of that the others have to work more to compensate. I'm getting paid less because I do less but it still feels stupid

Avenger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2008, 5:06 am

No.

Many other people, however, especially NTs, are exceedingly stupid.

kitschinator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2008, 6:47 am

It depends on where I am.

Like many of you, at work I feel stupid constantly. I either regret something I've said because it was stupid, or someone will be explaining a basic concept to me and I just don't get it. I will make stupid errors or not notice something that is glaringly obvious. I have a lot of "blonde" moments. In conversation, sometimes I panic, get nervous, blush....then I feel very stupid. Or I run out of things to say.

In the classroom I nearly always feel superior. When asked to read a passage and analyze it, I always get straight to the point and dissect it after skimming it once. I consistently write the best paper (or one of the best papers) in every class. Other students come to me for help. Instructors often ask to keep my work as examples for future classes.

I don't understand how I can be so good in one area and so terrible in another.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 7:48 am

Its the way we all are.

Maybe there is a way to use your strength to change your weakness.

ie: something you can do alone that communicates with others.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 8:06 am

All the time.
Then again, most other people seem stupid to me, but for different reasons.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 2:04 pm

Yes. But that's because I am stupid so feeling stupid does not come as a surprise to me. People have said to me that I just have low self-esteem but I know that I'm basically unintelligent. I won't go into the reasons why I feel this way but the course of my life so far is proof enough of lacking intelligence (i.e being stupid). I don't mean to be rude but I don't have other skills that compensate for my lack of social ones. Does that mean I don't have Asperger's Syndrome or do I just have "learning difficulties"?

Sorry for being bitter and self-pitying but I find it hard to be positive about myself in the face of basic failure to adapt and function. This probably belongs in the Haven.

ElizaMe
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jun 2017, 6:36 am

Same. Feel like there's nothing in my mind.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 8:54 am

In some ways, I think too much. My mind is littered with all kinds of stupid facts about things nobody else cares about. I came to a sad realization about myself yesterday. For all of my abilities, I am socially and in terms of life experience, "The dumb kid in the room." When people talk about everyday, ordinary things, I have nothing to contribute, never having married or had children. I have lost the gains I have made over the past four years, and don't know if I will ever get them back. I have been having dreams of having to "go away" someplace forever. People tell me I'm smart, but I've never amounted to much of anything, ever.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 11:35 am

I definitely do

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 11:31 am

Every person is somewhat stupid, some are better as being artists than scientists and vice versa. Each pros have it's cons, it's impossible to avoid the consequences. Every reaction has it effects, then they culminate like the butterfly effect says.

Last edited by fselzr on 25 Jun 2017, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fselzr

25 Jun 2017, 11:31 am

Nobody is living for now like an immortal god.