Looking for a name for a Benefit Concert for Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

BlaizeRaz0r
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2008, 9:04 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Blaize and I'm 18. My brother's name is Bond, age 16, and he has Asperger Syndrome. For my graduation project at school I'm putting together a Benefit Concert, where my band would play to raise money for an Autism organization near my home. My friend and I are making flyers/posters to put around town and inside the school. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a name? An example would be "Rocking For Austism" or something kind of like that. Thanks ahead of time. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts here :D

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 9:44 pm

Need more imput.

What is the genre gonna be? ie Who's playing. What 'styles' are they playing. What instuments are they playing. Mixed? What is the mix?

What kind of town-size.

Are you in the Biblebelt, the midwest, Florida, The east coast, West coast, California, Nevada, NW, Michigan. ect.

What is the demographics of the school. Um... spray paint or clean.

That sort of thing may affect the best choice of title, because a title is SPEAKING the dilect of who it is meant to reach as well as the extended public.

Where are you? (sorry if you already said and I missed it)

Great school project!

"Outreach For Autism" (?)

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 9:47 pm

RockReach For Autism?

er...sounds like a prelude(see did it again)/precursor/subliminal to drug use condoning. Maybe something without the word rock. (It's lost it's meaning anyways).

Need more imput

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 10:12 pm

I was gonna say 'Shy Aid', but that's me...;)

Call it whatever you want. good luck with it, and rock on!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 2:11 am

How about "Rock Em Sock Em Autie Bots!" lol, its cute and catchy hehe, no but seriously how about ... "Stimming R US?" Its cute, idk, hmm, i'll maybe have to get back to you on that one!

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 2:23 am

I like the stuff with "rock" in them, rofl.

BlaizeRaz0r
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2008, 6:09 pm

Sorry I haven't gotten back in so long! Well its a pretty diverse school in the borough of west chester, pa about 40 mins away from Philly (better known as the town that Bam Margera is from, not that I'm a big fan of him :P ) Anyway the concert will be held at my school's auditorium in May. The town is a medium to bigger size, but not exactly a city. The school is very clean, just finishing up with a lot of reconstruction.

The music is a mixture of rock and progressive. You can have a listen at myspace.com/insodox2016 if that helps you.

My brother actually made a post here under the music and arts discussion, there's also a video link there that you can watch. I'll probably continue posting in that thread.

I like the idea of something with 'reach' in it. I also agree not including 'rock' in it. But we're off to a good start!

If you need anymore info let me know :D