Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2008, 8:47 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
This may sound really strange but when my bro is with is Girlfriend and they constantly kissing for like half an hour the countous sound drivies me up the wall. I find the sound so irratating I want to hit myself in the head or punch a wall.

I don't understand why it annoys me so much.

It's the same when I can hear someone eating something I just want to punch something. I can't stand nosy eaters. Grr It's the sound. How can such innocent sounds make me go so crazy?

I hear you mate. hearing or even being unfortunate to witness it drives me up the wall and does little else but remind me that deep down im lonely and deprived inside. I've wanted to punch a wall so many times.

lupin
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2008, 11:41 pm

Going slightly off topic here for a mo: true confessions time, reading this thread, I've only just realised after 3 decades that actually I don't really like kissing all that much. 8O

I am - uh - gobsmacked :wink: to realise this.

Not sure if it's the sounds or just the absurdity of the whole thing. I hate watching people kiss. There's an expression: face-sucking. It sort of explains the absurd process.

meh. maybe I'm just not in a romantic mood just now :?

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 12:42 am

As normally people say "Get A Room", not really the kissing that is annoying you, like someone else said...

& eating the sound would be annoying you, but what really is, is the fact the person to you is been rude.. If everyone else can eat without a loud speaker been attached to they mouth...

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 10:34 am

Thank God! I thought I was the only one! Every time my Mum kisses her dude it makes me wanna puke! I scream loud to cover the sound which has become a joke for them! I can't sit at the dinner table for meal times either and the noise of MP3 players drives me insane!

gflower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2018, 10:19 pm

Ugh! Even just reading everyone’s comments is making me cringe. The worst for me is hearing people kissing on TV shows or movies. I don’t mind if I’m kissing someone romantically, but I hate getting a kiss on the cheek from my mum, especially if it makes a noise.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 3:52 pm

Smacking and slurping sounds drive me nuts, too!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 4:01 pm

Yes, there are a lot of noises that bother me greatly. Repeated crinkling noises or most tapping sounds like if a member of my family tap, tap, taps their finger on a table. I have to ask them to stop. I start to lose all focus and all my attention goes toward unintentionally analyzing the beat or lack thereof that they are tap, tap, tapping....

I do agree that "smooch" "smack" kissing sound is annoying.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 4:18 pm

What's being described here sounds a lot like misophonia <link>; intense negative emotion due to often very specific sounds. The Wikipedia page I linked to there, has this to say...

Quote:
One study found that around 80% of the sounds were related to the mouth (eating, slurping, chewing or popping gum, whispering, etc.)

I certainly find these kind of sounds very distracting and impossible to ignore, though for me, the sound of lots of people all talking at the same time is much, much worse, and will make me have a melt-down/shut-down quite quickly if I don't get away from it.

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Oct 2018, 6:19 pm

I think one of the reasons i view romance/sex as vulgar and carnal is because of the noise and touch- the sensory involvement. Kissing to me looks & kind of sounds like two anuses touching each other, it is beyond disgusting to me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 12:19 pm

Probably I do not have as a severe sensitivity to those sounds as the previous posters but those sounds do make me noticeably uncomfortable. I generally do not have this issue with the sounds of climax nor looking at lovemaking.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman