Sea Gull

10 Jan 2008, 5:08 am

Autism speaks, but who's listening?

that's who

cemil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jan 2019, 12:18 pm

Hillary.. he's tragic.. I can't believe ppl would associate with him. Any man, woman or gay or white, black, or brown that still have a slight streak of conscience left in them should dissociate away from him as far far far as possible. He's the biggest culprit why dems lost in 2016. He is that flagrant nadir what a liberal/democrat shouldn't be, a decent conscientious human being shouldn't be, and the de facto leader of the world shouldn't be. That being said I hope he takes care of his own health from now on.. his ex-acolytes start to figure out what to do next ..

cemil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jan 2019, 11:57 pm

Democrats nowadays are almost proud in persuading coaxing and threatening with the slogan "choose the lesser evil" which is like choosing the less gross lunch or choose the less ugly partner (which american people have chosen the lesser evil that is trump) .. there's no one that's particularly keeping track of citizens health at all. I was at the eye doctor and she recounted that one African American man (blacks genetics are more prone to diabetes) gradually lost his entire sight because no one nor himself was particularly checking or cared. And it kept deteriorating which matches the mood of his neighborhood and the quality of the affirmative action doctors of that neighborhood probably, Then he went through this whole eye surgery which cost even more dollars than if prevented or controlled. Or Sometimes america could spend 200k dollars a year on a dying 95 year old.. (a very good investment comparing to spending on Thaji Thompsons pencil imo, not in canada last time I checked)

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 12:51 am

I think this speaks volumes about both of them.

cemil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2019, 1:12 am

And how come Gaga's autism went undiagnosed for so many years?? Imagine having a Dostoevsky quote tattoo from between your inner thighs to the back of your kneecaps??? And which one??? first of all her Hollywood 'friends' (the matt bomer sort of 'dumb blond' (just kidding not really it has nothing to do with color im not even jealous) and why does Carnegie Mellon has or need a BFA program in the first place ?????? which churns out other disastrous figures like Andy Warhol that permanently damaged and derailed the entire art history and plunged the bar as low as prehistoric neanderthal cave paintings where the prehistoric neanderthal kindergarten was located) although I think they tried to care by giving her endlessly group hugs I suppose.. matt bomer - tender as a pillow and angelic feathers .. trevor noah - hillarys cutesy cellphone LED charm..

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 1:15 am

^ You've just spoilt my love of my favourite author by telling me a talentless, posturing nonentity like Lady Gaga has one of his quotes written on her body.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 4:28 am

cemil wrote:
And how come Gaga's autism went undiagnosed for so many years??

Lady Gaga has been diagnosed?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm

Old post,
But It makes sense for a creepy woman to partner with a creepy group.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

This thread is 11 years old, guys.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 5:20 pm

Lady Gaga and Serbian tennis player Janko Tipsarevic have something in common. Janko has a Dostoyevsky quote tattooed on his arm: "Beauty will save the world."

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 6:05 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Lady Gaga and Serbian tennis player Janko Tipsarevic have something in common. Janko has a Dostoyevsky quote tattooed on his arm: "Beauty will save the world."

A sportsman with some brains/culture. Well I never!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:39 pm

lastcrazyhorn wrote:
What do you think of her for getting in tight with Autism Speaks?

http://autisticbfh.blogspot.com/2007/11 ... llary.html
http://www.autismspeaks.org/press/hilla ... n_walk.php

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/rele ... w/?id=4342

Quote:
"Driven by their love and devotion to their children, mothers and fathers across the country have raised awareness, demanded funding, and opened our eyes to the needs of so many of our children living with autism," Clinton said. "It’s time we had a government and a President that recognized the seriousness of autism and addressed it head-on. It’s up to us to reclaim the future for our children, and ensure that every child can live up to his or her God-given potential."

Quote:
"Recognizing the autism epidemic as a national public health priority deserving of Presidential attention, Senator Hillary Clinton today endorsed and detailed a number of policy positions long-supported by Autism Speaks and its predecessor organizations and long-needed by the many American families facing the challenge of autism." - Autism Speaks

I doubt that she'll read it, but I just wrote her a message through her contact page on her site.

This is part of what I said:

Instead of embracing what makes humans diverse, you have promised to combat it. How about working to combat bullying in schools? Did you know that it is estimated that 90-100% of kids with some form of autism are bullied in schools? Nearly 100% bullied. Where's the coverage for that?

Did you know that people on the spectrum are less likely to judge others on the color of their skin, sexual orientation or gender? That's something to combat? Most people with Asperger's Syndrome have either normal IQ or above normal, oftentimes running into the genius range.

How about the thousands of autistic people who have been institutionalized just because they couldn't communicate in the "normally accepted way"? How do you feel about the Deaf community; should they be fixed too?

Or are you going to take the traditional view of the past?

"It's your fault for being odd; you brought this on yourself. Thus, the people who prejudice, those who vehemently hate people who are different from they, the bullies who triumph in almost every setting, are absolved of all fault; once again teaching the next generation that hate is acceptable and tolerance is not. Will you be part of this right to hate, or will you stand up for the rights of those who have never been stood up for? We have been let down so many times by people who should have kept us safe; people in authority who were supposedly there to help us; people older and supposedly wiser than us, who turned a blind eye to our pain at the hands of other people who were justified because they were 'normal' and we were not.

* Jim Sinclair says this in “Don’t Mourn For Us" (http://www.jimsinclair.org/dontmourn.htm):

"This is what we know, when you tell us of your fondest hopes and dreams for us: that your greatest wish is that one day we will cease to be, and strangers you can love will move in behind our faces."

I like what you wrote, Thread may be old but I still like what you wrote. Did you ever hear back?

Wreck It Ralph