Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 5:05 am

This is the only picture I can get of what's going on outside... the red circle is around Eureka, California.. close to where I live.

We're having this really COOL thunder and lightning show along with hail (tiny stuff), torrential rains (flooding as usual), and that creepy yet exciting feeling that the house just might blow away! :D

Oh... did I mention the power outages?
Luckily at work, the hospital has it's own generator and well.

Tomorrow, I'll cruise around with my camera to see if I can get any good pics for you all.
There won't be any real flooding yet... the ground is just starting to get saturated.
Later on though... we'll have our usual floods... pretty exciting as long as you're on a rise! :wink:

Last edited by wsmac on 05 Jan 2008, 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 5:21 am

Here's a photo close to Humboldt Bay, taken today and from the Eureka Reporter newspaper.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 5:26 am

I'm more south, between San Diego and Los Angeles, and we're having a storm tonight also. Tomorrow the ground shall be damp and malleable, perfect for pulling out weeds and such in preparation for spring time planting.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 5:33 am

Wow... I don't really like bad wheather... it makes me sort of worried... for the same reasons that you get exited.
I'm the same with Roller Coasters... I enjoy most of the one's I go on(especially the ones where the Roller Coaster is designed to make it look like your going to hit your head on something) But some of them just scare the life out of me... I can't stand them...

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 5:40 am

Kalister1 wrote:
I'm more south, between San Diego and Los Angeles, and we're having a storm tonight also. Tomorrow the ground shall be damp and malleable, perfect for pulling out weeds and such in preparation for spring time planting.

I've seen some of the reports of your storms.
At least one story about the homes that are being 'threatened' by the storms.

Around here... everyone knows that when you build in certain areas, you will likely be flooded when the season arrives.
In other areas, seems like too many people want to whine about mud sliding into their homes, or their homes washing away with the storms because the homes are built in areas prone to those sorts of issues.

gismo... I'm not too excited about bad things happening to my home or myself, but I still do love a good thunderstorm.

sodarktheshadows
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2008, 7:30 pm

wsmac wrote:
Here's a photo close to Humboldt Bay, taken today and from the Eureka Reporter newspaper.

why can i not ever see your pictures? i wanna see too.

*sits and pouts until wsmac lets her see the picture too*

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 7:47 pm

Here:

http://lh4.google.com/wsmac7/R39VIBKkKe ... imgmax=720

Open it in windoze picture manager or whatever app you have that you like to use.

:)

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 8:23 pm

I'll try and fix them again... I think it's my problem with running both Opera and Firefox.
They code the pictures differently and so when I copy the pic's location off my photo storage place (Picasa/Google), I have to watch which browser I am doing it in.

I wanted to take some pics today of the flooding here, but I stayed in too long and it's dark outside now.
Tomorrow I go to work in the dark but come home in the light, so I'll carry my camera with me and snap a few!

Anyone else have their local weather to share?

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 9:31 pm