Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

skavenman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2008, 1:27 pm

This morning my brother told me that he ran into a girl i knew in high school, which was about 4 years ago, and she wanted him to tell me that she thinks Im cute and that shes single. My brother in an NT and so I think he got more out of what she said then I did. I hardly even remember her and havent seen her since high school so I dont know if she sees me around town or what cause I live in a small town and people know me around here pretty well. So am I supposed to ask her out?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 3:26 pm

Maybe you should meet her and find out if you like her as a person, take it from there.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 3:44 pm

You could *protect* yourselfesteem *and* your possible interests in the girl, and stave any story bending by your brother, by just approaching things in a truth seeking manner (maybe):

"Hi. Im checking on something my brother said for truthfulness. Did you comment that you liked me and would like to go out or is my brother trying to be sideways about my life?"

Something to that manner.

You'll get an answer. You'll get a date. Or at least it is less agonizing for everyone and you have the chance to catch your bro in a lie and stomp him.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 4:03 pm

SeaBright wrote:
"Hi. I'm checking on something my brother said for truthfulness. Did you comment that you liked me and would like to go out or is my brother trying to be sideways about my life?"

People lie sometimes when confronted like this, besides I don't think it would go down too well if you start interrogating them. It is probable that his bother could be exaggerating the situation. If anything he should question him, not her.

I was thinking it is all pretty academic if he doesn't get on with her. So my thinking is he should get to know her.

I'm not sure if you do it as a 'blind date' or a sort of friendly sort of way. That is something that puzzles me.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

05 Jan 2008, 5:46 pm

I liked SeaBright's suggestion.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 6:12 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
I liked SeaBright's suggestion.

Ok sorry, I'm not to good with the appropriate tone and wording for something like that, maybe it was about right.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 7:19 pm

try flippin through a year book first!

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

skavenman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2008, 7:45 pm

thanks everyone, no I dont think my brother would make that up. I talked to a friend from high school about it and he reminded me who she is so Ill probably ask her out but im broke right now cause I dont have work again till next week and I had to pay some doctor bills