The little things NTs take for granted!?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 11:15 pm

Irulan wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Tell me about it! When I doubt I have AS, etc... I just look at things like this, and think WOW, WE could be twins!

And speaking of ability to read, do you remember at all the time when you're being taught how to read? Of course, I must have been taught this but nothing of this remained in my memory. I could be born with this ability as well as I was born with ability to breathe. I always used to put it down to the fact that I was simply a clever child and in that time nobody said that it might be a symptom of something - I was simply a smart little girl who prefered intellectual forms of amusement to playing with peers; I was always perceived this way by adults.

That sounds like me. :)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 11:28 pm

God, I remember the days when I was being taught to read/write; even I knew I was dense.

Age1600, I forgot to mention (I'm sure it's probably been mentioned prior; I'll mention it anyway): external stressors can really exacerbate autistic symptoms.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 11:40 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
Age1600, I forgot to mention (I'm sure it's probably been mentioned prior; I'll mention it anyway): external stressors can really exacerbate autistic symptoms.

Hmm, maybe thats why im always more low functioning rather then high functioning lately lol

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2008, 2:09 am

I was always a good reader too! I could read really quite thick books in a couple of days. A lot of the time Id be so absorbed by my reading that Id be completely oblivious to what's going on around me. Sometimes at work I also tell people stuff I remember from school, most of them can barely remember what subjects they took :/. Never did really good at PE, I guess I enjoyed it but felt the other kids never gave me a fair chance or picked on me a bit so I never really got into sports.

Back on topic though :P

I guess I noticed the little things a lot more than others when I was young. People just seem so preoccupied with looking at what they are supposed to be looking at and not at what is going on around them.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

09 Jan 2008, 2:53 am

Things that NTs take for granted...

1. Being able to ride a bike [I still can't!].
2. Being able to walk into a shopping mall and have a good time there.
3. Being able to make friends easier.

Plenty more.

A lot of people take things for granted, often it's the small things that hardly anyone notices; the roads that people drive on, the oil you put in your car, the food on your plate, the trees [that keep humans alive] etc.