Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2008, 9:49 am

Everyone with comments or thoughts chime in please.....

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 10:30 am

...is there a question or idea we're commenting on? Spirituality is kind of a broad topic...

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2008, 11:16 am

No, not really just in general. I am curious of everyone's ideas,complaints, concerns, or observations of what spirituality is:

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 11:17 am

bizmack wrote:
No, not really just in general. I am curious of everyone's ideas,complaints, concerns, or observations of what spirituality is:

Talk only if you can improve on the silence.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:41 pm

IMO the term "spirituality" is not that useful because it is quite ambiguous, ranging from as narrow as believing in supernatural forces and a higher power the gives life meaning to as broad as the warm fuzzy feeling of awe and wonder when contemplating existence, the broader definition often being used by by many secular humanists such as myself (I remember an on-line "what kind of Atheist are you?" quiz labeling me as a "spiritual atheist").

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 2:45 pm

Odin wrote:
IMO the term "spirituality" is not that useful because it is quite ambiguous, ranging from as narrow as believing in supernatural forces and a higher power the gives life meaning to as broad as the warm fuzzy feeling of awe and wonder when contemplating existence, the broader definition often being used by by many secular humanists such as myself (I remember an on-line "what kind of Atheist are you?" quiz labeling me as a "spiritual atheist").

Exactly why I'm confused by this whole post... 'spirituality' can have so many definitions and meanings and be used in such a broad sense and in regards to so many questions that you need some kind of a starting direction for a thread like this, or it'll go nowhere.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jan 2008, 3:39 pm

Whether Islam, Christian or Jew, I beleive all 3 major religions worship the same God, we just call him a different name. Look at how much we shair, the same holy land and Abraham! So many reasons these religions are alike, and yet in the world we see such differences its incredible. I think this gives sooo much credibility to the Bible, the Torah the Koran and its just too bad we all cant come together peacefully, tho I will admit I think its destiny to be at war with eachother over ideas, land ect...

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2008, 6:49 pm

My thoughts of what spirituality is:

I think that spirituality is the link with a person who believes that there is a power higher then him or herself
and the development and understanding of the relationship with that power