Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 10:56 am

My son is having a fresh start of sorts. The regular 2nd grade teacher has returned, she was on maternity leave. She apparently is appreciated for getting her kids under control. Depending on how that sounds, it may be great or tough for Pop. I'm hopeful that it will be a good match.
I dropped him off in the special ed room (where he's enrolled but doesn't attend). The teacher (the one with the attitude) didn't say boo to me, she only turned to face us once. A sharp contrast to her initial flustered but talkative demeanor when we first met.
I guess it's expected.

Anybody else starting school again? I can say after the two-week vacation, I'm not jealous of the Aussies on summer vacation! :twisted:

Lainie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2008, 12:34 pm

Hi Kim,
Yes my two went back this morning after a very long 3 week break. 3 weeks bascially is just too long for them and by the time the 3rd week hits, we have lost all insanity in this house lol.

I'm a bit concerned tho for my oldest, as he always seems to go downhill once christmas break is over. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that this year might be different.

Lainie

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 12:46 pm

Hi Kim,

I returned to school this morning after 2 weeks of winter break.
It was just too much for me to handle, since my older sister and my mom are phobics of autism.

AA

ster
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 12:53 pm

we all returned last weds..... things are a little smoother today so far....

BugsMom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2008, 6:48 pm

My son returned last Wednesday....it has been a rough few days :(.

kpow67
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2008, 11:21 pm

My son returned to school today. Since his high school is on block scheduling, he has all new classes for this half of the year. I'm keeping my fingergs crossed that this half will be better. My next/last resort is homeschooling, which neither of us wants to do.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 11:42 pm

No phone calls home-we out to lunch, almost a date! :P

Pop came home and was alright.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 1:31 am

I've always hated returning to school, after the Christmas holidays. My grades would slightly drop for my second semester, every year that I was in High School, and than they would go back up, during my third/last semester.

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2008, 3:04 am

Mine started school today too after a 2 1/2 week break. The break went fine, AS 9 y/o DD was great and REALLY enjoyed her Nintendo DS she got for X-mas. Today was fine- I was home with the new baby and the 4 y/o until 12:30 then 5 y/o came home from Kindergarden and things were still fine- he and 4 y/o played nicely and watched a video while the baby napped, DH worked(he works from home 99% of the time) and I went out and took down the Christmas lights while we have a break in the nasty NorCal storms. Then 9 y/o DD came home. Can I just say that after about an hour I wanted her to go back to school. UGH! She was whiney, demanding, bossy, and just plain mean and rude to her brother and sister. We barely avoided a meltdown, but I know if I had pushed any of her chores on her( I ignored them today) that she would have gone over the edge.

Thankfully this will only last a few days until she gets back into the normal routine. It REALLY doesn't help that she's got a cold bug too. Ugh!