Agnostic 25%  25%  [ 27 ]
Atheist 25%  25%  [ 28 ]
Other 17%  17%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 110

Dreamer2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2008, 1:05 pm

I'm just confused, why isn't confuse-ianism on your list?

I'm probably a Jesus-believing Noachide if that makes any sense to you. I believe in the dietary laws of the Noachids and I don't believe Paul was a real apostle.

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

09 Jan 2008, 1:37 pm

Hard agnostic: I don't know, and you don't either.

ScratchMonkey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2008, 2:01 pm

marshall wrote:
I have to put “atheist” because that's the closest to me but I personally hate that term. It’s become a term to pigeonhole nonreligious people.

The term has indeed acquired significant stigma. In discussions I prefer to use the term "skeptic". It means the same thing, but doesn't have all the baggage that gets believers agitated. It makes it more clear that I'm not saying I know that there's no god, but rather that they've failed to convince me that their particular god is real. I still use the term "atheist" for categorization, especially in communities that are actually aware of its true meaning.

UncertainUltradian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jan 2008, 2:11 pm

I usually use the label "Pantheist / Discordian / Taoist" or something along those lines.
I made sure to work my beliefs out for myself rather than choosing from a list of religions, which may be why it's such an awkward belief to slap labels on. 8)

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 7:19 pm

no neo-paganism :? :?

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 12:33 pm

No Taoism? That's alright, I put Gnostic.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 12:45 pm

I was hoping Mods could add them. There are more religions out there than Playstation rip-offs; even Jedi is considered one... So if you want more added to the list, PM a Mod.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 2:28 pm

For all those who claim there are thousands of religions, it seems there's only 2 major worldwide religions to consider - Christianity and Islam (Muslims). The next religion, Hinduism, is mostly an Indian religion and the fourth highest, Buddhism, isn't even a religion. It would seem unlikely that God would only reveal himself to some isolated group of people and ignore the rest of the world.

Therefore, people have no excuse. It's clear God exists (only the 2%ers, the atheists who probably hate God, disagree) and there's really only 2 religions to consider. I think everyone should examine Christianity and Islam to see which is most likely to be true. Of course, there's always the view that God will reward those who believe in him and live a moral life and punish those who are evil.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 2:31 pm

zendell wrote:
Therefore, people have no excuse. It's clear God exists (only the 2%ers, the atheists who probably hate God, disagree) and there's really only 2 religions to consider. I think everyone should examine Christianity and Islam to see which is most likely to be true. Of course, there's always the view that God will reward those who believe in him and live a moral life and punish those who are evil.

A lot of people believing something hardly makes it true. I need scientific evidence one way or another (I am agnostic).

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 3:58 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
zendell wrote:

A lot of people believing something hardly makes it true. I need scientific evidence one way or another (I am agnostic).

This polls' purpose is not to prove anything but to see the state of WP. I agree with you Phagocyte; if something is true it remains true no matter how many people are for it or against it.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2008, 5:20 pm

Syd wrote:
Agnosticism. Big shout-out to my man Thomas Huxley, keeping it real.

Mystic (other). Props to Aldous Huxley, keeping it interesting. Island said it all.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 3:22 am

Theology ain't my thing.

Atheist.

egodeus59
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2008, 1:36 pm

Ignoring what my screen name says I'm some mix of pantheist/neopagan/other weird crap

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 6:59 pm

So far 85% are non Christian.

Rynessa
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2008, 7:10 pm

Agnostic, I guess.
I don't know if there's a God or not.
I used to be an Atheist, but life has thrown me enough curve balls that I now feel anything is possible. Also, there is that still, small voice.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 8:46 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
So far 85% are non Christian.

I really wonder if that has something to do with autism or not, if there is some relation to it.