Autism-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome connection

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

matt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 3:12 pm

I'm sorry; after looking up the word "hangnail", it appears the definition my parents used was incorrect.

I was referring to the part of the toenail which was ingrown. I allowed the toenail to grow to a long length, used cosmetic scissors to disconnect the entire part that was ingrown, then used needle-nosed pliers to remove that entire part, and poured hydrogen peroxide on the toe several times daily for about a week. I have not had the problem since.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 9:28 pm

matt wrote:
I'm sorry; after looking up the word "hangnail", it appears the definition my parents used was incorrect.

Heh, that's what I meant too. I was just repeating. It actually wasn't ingrown, though my toe did swell up around the edge for a while.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 3:40 pm

WurdBendur wrote:
As for the mercury, I'm wondering if I should ask my dentist because I have several fillings and have had for ages. A few of the old ones have been replaced, but maybe not all. I don't even remember how many I have, and I have no idea what's in them.

I had a mercury filling taken out and it caused me more problems than leaving it alone; I believe it was because the dentista and assistant were not careful enough about keeping my mouth clear of debris and I had suspect symptoms for several months after that replacement, the only thing we could put my symptoms down to was the removal of the filling. The dentist said that disrupting the filling was more trouble than actually leaving it there, though in my case, it had cracked and had to be replaced.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 3:57 pm

I came across this article called:
Autism treatments show promise in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Here's some quotes from the paper:

I became convinced that the genetic predisposition found in autism must be the same or similar to that in a major subset of chronic fatigue syndrome, and that the resulting biochemical abnormalities were also the same or similar.

There are obviously major differences between chronic fatigue syndrome and autism. I believe that these result primarily from the different ages of onset. Autistic children experience onset early in life, before their brains are fully developed. I believe that this gives rise to the very different brain-related symptoms seen in autistic children from those seen in adults with CFS. However, there are many similarities in the biochemistry and symptoms of these two disorders as well, including oxidative stress, buildup of toxins, immune response shift to Th2, and gut problems, for examples.

I think that the reason why the people who have developed CFS as adults did not develop autism as children (even though I suspect that they have the same or a similar genetic predisposition) is that when they were children, not as many vaccinations were required.

My main message is that a great deal has already been worked out in autism by the researchers and clinicians associated with the Defeat Autism Now! project, and also by Dr. Yasko, and that I believe that the CFS community would benefit greatly by looking carefully at what they have already done. The doctors associated with the DAN! project treat autism by the use of nutritional supplements that compensate for genetic mutations in the sulfur metabolism. These include such supplements as magnesium sulfate, taurine, molybdenum, vitamin B6 and its active form P5P, magnesium, methylcobalamin, folinic acid, trimethylglycine, and dimethylglycine. They also use certain diets, and they perform chelation treatments to remove heavy metals. The results in many autistic children have been astounding, as can be seen in the webcast cited below, where several are interviewed.

Dr. Yasko, in cooperation with Dr. Garry Gordon, uses many of the same supplements as are used by the DAN! project doctors as well as some additional ones, including RNA supplements, and she is also reporting great success.

So I want to encourage everyone who has an interest in CFS to look at the results of the DAN! project and of Dr. Amy Yasko in autism.

http://www.nutritional-healing.com.au/c ... e+Syndrome