Study: Rare gene change linked to autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 6:08 pm

A rare genetic variation dramatically raises the risk of developing autism, a large study showed, opening new research targets for better understanding the disorder and for treating it.

Research into the causes of autism has focused on genetic causes because so many families have multiple children with the disorder. Thus far, only about 10 percent of autism cases have a known genetic cause. Boston-area researchers estimate the gene glitch they've identified accounts for another 1 percent of cases.

more . . . .

Rosenametaken
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2008, 9:17 pm

What study? Citation, please.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 11:20 pm

Sorry, I thought that linking to the article was sufficient. I followed the format that seems to be used in this forum: the title is the title of the article, I copied the first 2 paragraphs, and then linked to the rest. Here's the link again:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_he_me/autism_gene;_ylt=Aij_imnvap72f1.TpWdVkX.s0NUE

Sifr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2008, 6:30 am

For some reason the developers decided to use a program where hyperlinks appear like miniuature text with no differentiation in color or underlines. It is very subtle.

Rosenametaken

10 Jan 2008, 9:01 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
Sorry, I thought that linking to the article was sufficient. I followed the format that seems to be used in this forum: the title is the title of the article, I copied the first 2 paragraphs, and then linked to the rest. Here's the link again:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_he_me/autism_gene;_ylt=Aij_imnvap72f1.TpWdVkX.s0NUE

Thanks!!