Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 9:42 pm

http://www.bigpond.com/news/entertainme ... 135371.asp

Normally, I wouldn't give a s**t about Britney Spears and her downward spiral. But this seems to make the little saga even worse. Is it me, or does Dr Phil actually wholeheartedly exploit the psychological problems of those he is asked to give an opinion on? Not just Britney Spears, but there was that thread in this forum on his evil attitude towards autistic and AS people, and his general 'pop psychology' thing that makes Frasier Crane look like the epitome of professionalism.

And keep any videos of that whiny little emo out of this thread.

On sabbatical...

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 10:06 pm

mm well why ask a media 'counsellor' to visit her if you want privacy?

and

why would anyone in their right mind think that "Dr" Phil was a suitable person to do 'counselling' anyway?

maybe the WHOLE family is stoopid! That could be the central problem here you know.

I lost my illusions about any confidentiality to psych counselling quite quickly, which is why I kept my encounters with shrinks and the like to a minimum. all they do is gossip about ya, you know, shoptalk. there's no confidentiality to anything really.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 10:47 pm

In his earlier days he was a pretty smart guy. But he's lost his touch. He's become arrogant.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 10:57 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
In his earlier days he was a pretty smart guy. But he's lost his touch. He's become arrogant.

Hubris is the word.

On sabbatical...