Autism as an intentional eugenics experiment (HEAR ME OUT!)

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jayutimestwo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2008, 5:03 am

The first of many possible objections that springs to my mind is: why are there people with aspergers all over the world? Hitler was concerned with Aryan superiority in general and German superiority in particular. Why then would he create African aspies, Asian aspies and Jewish aspies - seems rather a waste of time since he intended on killing them all anyway.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 5:14 am

I'm a Jewish aspie, and my family fled to South America before WWII. I'm sure, though, that AS runs in my father's family since at the very least my grandmother, who was born before 1900.

arem
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2008, 6:58 am

Wouldn't millions of aspies be hard to control and manage? Lowered need to conform to the group's desired dynamics, etc.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 7:28 am

Well, I have often said that my last boss was an IDIOT! He didn't know WHAT he had! It was like he hit the motherload(He could have casually dug, and lived a life of luxury all of his life), and he decided to use dynamite to mine it.(Thus destroying the cave, and his chance to mine anymore). YEP, I WAS the perfect employee.

STILL, I am a PACIFIST and, although I may miss the big picture sometimes, I may be the ONLY one that sees it in my job! In the last 2 days, 2 events transpired that I predicted MONTHS ago! One I predicted early last november(I predicted the general problem months before that), and the other I predicted around last september!

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 11:31 am

Dr Asperger was indeed aware of the work of Dr Kanner - that's why he referred to his patients as having "atypical autistic psychosis" (as opposed to Dr Kanner's coining of the term "autistic psychosis" for his patients).

Of course, this doesn't support Bert's tinfoil-hat conspiracy "theories", so it will now be roundly ignored...

TLPG
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 4:47 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Dr Asperger was indeed aware of the work of Dr Kanner - that's why he referred to his patients as having "atypical autistic psychosis" (as opposed to Dr Kanner's coining of the term "autistic psychosis" for his patients).

Of course, this doesn't support Bert's tinfoil-hat conspiracy "theories", so it will now be roundly ignored...

Fair enough, Deacon - and it certainly does oppose that theory of the OP. Given that the Yanks were at war with Germany, so if Asperger got access to Kanner's work it was without the knowledge of Berlin.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 7:39 pm

Interesting theory, nothing better than tossing around some 'out there' ideas.

I'll totally believe I'm part of some master race. Blond hair, blue eyes, German descent. Definitely.

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 7:40 pm

You seem to have neglected them creating and using a time machine to plant Aspie's throughout recorded history.... not to mention that I can personally trace Asperger's traits in my own family back to 1890, in the United States.

8O

So now we're supposed to be an engineered race?? When do the space aliens, black helicopters and secret CIA microwave harassment come in???

:roll:

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 9:03 pm

AspieDave wrote:
So now we're supposed to be an engineered race?? When do the space aliens, black helicopters and secret CIA microwave harassment come in???

Don't be silly, those things are nonsense. If we're going to talk about the origins of ASD, we need to look at the cold, hard, scientific fact that is the lost city of Atlantis.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 9:48 pm

Interesting theory, but I'm certain it's untrue.

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 10:18 pm

WurdBendur wrote:

Quote:
Don't be silly, those things are nonsense. If we're going to talk about the origins of ASD, we need to look at the cold, hard, scientific fact that is the lost city of Atlantis.

Atlantis isn't lost, it's in the Pegasus Galaxy and I'm watching two episodes in a row right now....

:twisted:

boden
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2008, 10:34 pm

would an asperger population be ideal? No, It would be like herding cats.

There was no breeding program in effect with these subjects (plus they were kids). I doubt that Dr. Asperger was interested in anything more than academic study.

ADD and other variances are really just adaptations that are out of place in the current employee culture. If we were sitting in the woods hunting 6000 years ago the ability to be easily distracted would be advantageous for observing danger, i.e. someone trying to sneak up on ya.
Business wants cogs who don't think, just put part A into slot B, being aware of your surrounding's is inefficient in a system.
School systems feed into industry that's why they medicate active minds with sedatives.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 10:37 pm

WurdBendur wrote:
The first part makes sense, as much as any crazy conspiracy makes sense.

The second part is as confusing as it is nonsensical.

Agreed--it is pretty dubious sounding.

The first part might be a good plot for a fictional story, however.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 3:23 am

BertBlyleven wrote:
WurdBendur wrote:
The first part makes sense, as much as any crazy conspiracy makes sense.

OK. It is well known that the German's were conducting experiments and obsessed with eugenics...Its pretty much the basis of their belief system, a perfect race. So they were at least considering ways of altering people to the serving population to what they desired...and when you couple that with nazis taking power in '33, Asperger writes first study in '44. Are these new Hitler Youths?

It isnt a stretch at all to say they were at minimum, trying to do this...

This is an insult to Asperger's memory.

Hans Asperger was forced to work under the Nazis. It's not like everyone living in those places was a Nazi, but if they had jobs then the Nazis ran things, that's just how life was unless you could get out or unless you were forced out of your job because you were an undesirable of some kind.

Asperger's daughter has verified that Asperger stressed the positive traits of his autistic patients because he didn't want the Nazis killing them. This is probably why autism looked so different on each side of the Atlantic. Kanner had no social pressures forcing him to see the positives, but did have pressure to see the negatives, so that is how he wrote about his patients. Asperger it was the reverse scenario. If you actually find out about their patients, they were seeing people who were virtually identical, possibly interchangeable (Asperger saw them when they were older than Kanner did -- all but one of Kanner's patients had speech, and some of them spoke early, and at least one of Asperger's spoke late, etc).

What Asperger did was try to give some kids a chance to live. If you want a conspiracy, it's in his attempt to screw over the Nazis to keep his patients alive.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 7:37 am

WurdBendur wrote:
AspieDave wrote:

Oh, but Atlantis IS cold and hard... Antarctica, silly... ;)