Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 2:51 pm

If $10M landed right now in your bank account or doorstep, out of nowhere, what would you do with it?

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 2:53 pm

Shovel it into a Swiss bank account and deny all knowledge of it :twisted:

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 3:00 pm

Greentea wrote:
If $10M landed right now in your bank account or doorstep, out of nowhere, what would you do with it?

From your mouth to G-d's ears. Now - what would I do....

First off - 10% tithed to the poor, the needy, the oppressed, the orphan and the widow.

Then - I would buy land. Then get together a team of the best architects knowledgeable in green, sustainable energy and have them draw me up plans for a compound that would consist of my home and a healing center. Then would decorate everything with beauty so it surrounds me and everyone who came to live or visit. Then would have my teeth, back and mind healed by the absolutely best healers in the world. Would bring my furry friends to the best vets to get checked up. Then would get a good electric car in my fav color dark metallic blue. Then would treat my loved ones to a nice healing reunion resplendent with those that would serve us. Then would build a state of the art recording studio and buy my son a home. Then would invest the rest in precious metals and stones, and keep some liquid for pocket money though the way I'd be living I would need little day to day.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 3:02 pm

מהפה שלך לאלוהים

didn't know that existed in English.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 3:23 pm

Greentea wrote:
מהפה שלך לאלוהים

didn't know that existed in English.

;)

And I didn't know sheh at yechola lechtov ivrit po - ha!

13 Jan 2008, 3:57 pm

Save it, you'll never know if it's fake. I'd call the bank and ask them about it making sure it's not an error they did. I'm honest I know.

If it arrived on my doorstep, take it to the bank and put it in and wait till the check clears. The check could be a fake so you'll never know.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 4:42 pm

in my neighborhood it'd be off my doorstep and taken by the neighbors...;) if I actually got my hands on it, I'd clear out all my bills and get a new car (old one's on it's last legs..;)

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 5:13 pm

buy an island for aspies only.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jan 2008, 5:16 pm

I think that I would run away with my son in tow and change our names. Some place where no one knew us and no one could find us. Especially his dad!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 5:18 pm

Buy myself a Routemaster and convert it into a mobile home. I'd put the rest of the money in a Swiss bank account.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 5:38 pm

Panic. 8O

No wait I didn't answer the question...first I would count it and THEN I'd panic.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jan 2008, 5:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Buy myself a Routemaster and convert it into a mobile home. I'd put the rest of the money in a Swiss bank account.

Somehow, I knew this is what you would do Sid! LOL.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 5:50 pm

I would buy an airplane because I love to fly! Also I would buy a mansion. With the rest of the money I would invest some in Google stock because the only direction it goes is UP! But not lately because the whole stock market sucks. If I had some left I would give it to the poor. I feel sorry for poor people. Boy do I wish I invested in Google when it first came out! Its worth over $600 a share and when it first opened to the public a few years ago, it was only $80 a share! I want my Google stock! Its going to be $10,000,000,000 a share in the next few years because Google is going to take over the world like Microsoft!

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 5:59 pm

Okay, provided that it's real and nothing stolen . . .

I'd pay off school and debts first. Then, um . . . build a house somewhere, maybe; with plenty of hidden staircases and closed in spaces with weighted blankets.

Ooo, and Batman legos. A combination of my two favorite things.

And a car that's newish. Electric too.

Then I'd go to a chiropractor. Or maybe FIRST. Right now, as is, I have a choice. Brain drugs or back work. Brain drugs keep me sane . . . so yeah.

And a better cellphone.

And an ipod. Then an eye doctor appointment since I need new glasses, but don't have the money.

Maybe I'd publish one of my books . . . or two.

And go to Six Flags and ride the Batman ride. And buy all the comic books. And t-shirts. And action figures . . . of Batman of course.

Okay, I need to stop. This is getting out of hand, as well as depressing.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 6:58 pm

Let's see...

I'd buy a ton of clothes, invest in some software to learn Hebrew, get cracking on my conversion (I want to convert to Judaism) and give some of it to charity.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 7:04 pm

I'd invest the bulk of it in the Swiss stock market or something safe like that, I'd go home, buy a flat (I know just the neighborhood I'd buy it in) and spend my time reading and writing, taking a part-time job teaching English or something. Kind of like a working retirement, and I'd never worry about anything again.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).