Would You Like To Live In A Barn?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 2:27 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i would if there wasnt any animals in it :)

They converted a barn into apartments near where I live so that may be an option if you look hard enough.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 4:22 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Ana54 wrote:
Does anyone have a barn or stable you aren't using and can turn into a safehouse for Aspies to come crash?

There's a safe house in Canada, that you can all come to. :wink:

You know, I was actually wondering about that! ;)

There's also one in Houston, MADDuck's place! :D

TreemastersMom
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2008, 4:40 pm

A house that looks like a barn? SURE!! In a heartbeat!!

No animals, though, thanks!

I'd love to have a place big enough for the kids to play on rainy/cold days without getting yelled at - for fear of getting hurt or breaking things - in a 'barn house' we could do that! Set up a swing area, a ring toss area... what ever!!

set up hammocks to rest and read/relax in... I'd love it. Not sure my dh would...but I would

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 5:30 pm

Sliding poles sounds really good. Now I'm thinking that, with or without animals, barns are more autism spectrum friendly than people houses.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 5:44 pm

OregonBecky wrote:
Sliding poles sounds really good. Now I'm thinking that, with or without animals, barns are more autism spectrum friendly than people houses.

I second that! :D

SirJoseph
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2008, 1:34 am

yes id live in a barn and turn into a mead-hall with secret rooms and trapdoors and a loft, id plant a tree inside it even though that probably wouldnt work out, and it be a big playground for me, but with lots of cozy spots.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 1:24 pm

SirJoseph wrote:
yes id live in a barn and turn into a mead-hall with secret rooms and trapdoors and a loft, id plant a tree inside it even though that probably wouldnt work out, and it be a big playground for me, but with lots of cozy spots.

Love the tree idea!

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 1:29 pm

We could build the barn around an existing tree whose top was above the barn with a ladder and a treehouse above everything.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 1:37 pm

OregonBecky wrote:
We could build the barn around an existing tree whose top was above the barn with a ladder and a treehouse above everything.

YES a tree house, a tree friendly, tree house!! ! And we all could have or own space for get away. This is going to be a big Barn, Let s all flock together and do it. We could cut down on the cost of living. Joind rent, be friends, sopport each other, Lets go get grants, and build some place where it is warm but to hot year round, and has a little chang in season.