Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2008, 5:19 am

Hi it's my time back in a while.

So after a long time I decided to go back to the gym and return to getting in shape. I haven't worked out for a long time (almost 8 years) so I knew I needed to make a return. I am in my late 20s but still I am gonna start seeing a slow down in metabolism too fast and not be toned and fit properly if I don't do anything. I am not heavily overweight (maybe a tad) but my body is not properly toned and shaped, plus my mind was getting a little heated so I wanted to sooth things down to avoid stress and health effects.

I know it's a resolution along with many other's around the globe, but I am spending dough for this and I need to do it.

Anyone else taking a familiar path this year?

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 9:53 am

Did you mean "a familiar path" or "a similar path?"

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 2:43 pm

I joined the gym for christmas :D Went swimming for the first time since I was at school last week, which was lovely.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 11:33 pm

I need to start working out again. I don't feel too pretty right now..

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2008, 12:24 am

riverotter wrote:

I suppose I meant similar, maybe my brain needs a gym too.

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 8:30 am

nocturnalowl wrote:
riverotter wrote:

"Mens sana in corpore sana." We all need exercise for both body and mind!
Last year I was working out regularly (every to every other day) in a smaller gym and when the New Year's Resolution people descended on the place I was really peeved. I kept thinking "where have you been??! I've been here the whole time!" when I couldn't get on any equipment and there were people everywhere. So now I am only trying to do seasonal outdoor exercise.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2008, 5:26 pm

riverotter wrote:
nocturnalowl wrote:
riverotter wrote:

"Mens sana in corpore sana." We all need exercise for both body and mind!
Last year I was working out regularly (every to every other day) in a smaller gym and when the New Year's Resolution people descended on the place I was really peeved. I kept thinking "where have you been??! I've been here the whole time!" when I couldn't get on any equipment and there were people everywhere. So now I am only trying to do seasonal outdoor exercise.

I joined the week before christmas, but it is a matter if it was a coincidence, or I had the New Years Resolution bug myself, albeit starting a week earlier.
Yeah it's normal for many to start now and then leave. I am not going to do that though. I was informed when I joined by the counselors that it would be more crowded during these times, so I am not surprised.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 Jan 2008, 8:33 am

nocturnalowl wrote:
Hi it's my time back in a while.

So after a long time I decided to go back to the gym and return to getting in shape. I haven't worked out for a long time (almost 8 years) so I knew I needed to make a return. I am in my late 20s but still I am gonna start seeing a slow down in metabolism too fast and not be toned and fit properly if I don't do anything. I am not heavily overweight (maybe a tad) but my body is not properly toned and shaped, plus my mind was getting a little heated so I wanted to sooth things down to avoid stress and health effects.

I know it's a resolution along with many other's around the globe, but I am spending dough for this and I need to do it.

Anyone else taking a familiar path this year?

This sounds like a good idea.
Have you thought about getting a meal plan done for you at the gym? I know that at the gym my mother works that, they do that for people.
With a exercise and healthy eating plan, you will no doubt get better results than if you just exercised alone.

I'm not very fit, but slim. A goal of mine is to increase my fitness this year. First step...getting a new pair of running shoes.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 5:50 pm

I've been going more regularly, as I'd go maybe twice a week at the most. I just decided to get serious about my fitness and weight loss this year.