Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 4:35 pm

You fail to grasp the point. This is not about a conspiracy. This is about a major public health risk that people and governments are blindly ignoring. Fluoridation increases bone cancer risks amongst other things. The point is that it causes negative effects, and Fluorides, just like the element Fluorine, are highly toxic. It is also a convenient way for companies to dispose of fluorides legally.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzy8nw36N7s[/youtube]

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 6:09 pm

It's dangerous and deadly.

Just a pointer, the only real way to remove fluoride from water is to use a reverse-osmosis water filter. Unfortunately they're expensive, but worth it if you live in a fluoridated area. (They also remove almost all other added chemicals, bugs, contaminants, pesticides, bacteria, viruses, faecal residue etc too).

And good work whoever pointed Teflon out - stainless steel cookware guys, please!! Teflon is dangerous, and is now found in the majority of the population's bloodstreams in too high levels...

I've also just started a thread in the News & Events forum about how all manner of drug residues, including cancer drugs, have been found in British tap water.

Quote:
Traces of cancer and psychiatric drugs have been detected in samples of British tap water, according to a report commissioned by the drinking water watchdog group Drinking Water Inspectorate.

Despite extensive purification treatments used by water companies, trace levels of bleomycin, a cancer chemotherapy drug, and diazepam, a sedative, have both been found.

Doctors have expressed concern that exposing pregnant women to these drugs could harm their unborn children, even at the very low levels detected....

psych
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 7:19 pm

Anubis wrote:
Consuming natural foods is the healthiest option. If you want to ensure dental health, drink milk and brush your teeth regularly.

Waitrose is a useful source of 'alternative' health products. eg. they have about 3 different brands of flouride-free toothpaste. Sainsburys offer none!

psych
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 7:26 pm

Flouride also appears to accumulate in the pineal gland over time, and disrupt its operation.

The pineal gland is an important part of the brain that has many regulatory processes - like melatonin and serotonin levels. It is also an endogenous source of the 'illegal' visionary neurotransmitter DMT, which logic suggests is the mechanism behind religious/spiritual experiences in humans.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 8:29 pm

Ooh, I might check out Waitrose. They do a good Manuka honey too (as a kiwi that stuff is my age old cure-all medicine... got a burn? Honey! Got a scrape? Honey! Got a bite? Honey! Got a sore throat? Honey! Got the flu? Honey! It's magic!

At the moment I'm just using the Boots brand fluoride-free but I don't like it much, it's still full of crap. I'll have a look at the Waitrose one... are they SLS and silica free too?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 8:39 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
At the moment I'm just using the Boots brand fluoride-free but I don't like it much, it's still full of crap. I'll have a look at the Waitrose one... are they SLS and silica free too?

New Zealands 'kingfisher' offer two fluoride-free brands. One with SLS, one without (check the label carefully)
Dont know about silica offhand, cos i threw the box away. the tube mentions 'enamel friendly mineral chalk with added ore of zinc oxide' & a long list of plant extracts and derivatives.

I originally tried some other brand (came in 'olde-worldy' style packaging) didnt feel comfortable with it at all - suspect it was the sodium hydroxide - yuck!

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 9:06 pm

Odin wrote:
*Yawn* 50 years ago people were claiming that water fluoridation was a communist plot and other such nonsense. Sad that this crap is still around.

Someone like the US Secretary for State in the 50's or 60's said it was part of a "mind control" plot

monty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 2:52 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Odin wrote:
*Yawn* 50 years ago people were claiming that water fluoridation was a communist plot and other such nonsense. Sad that this crap is still around.

Someone like the US Secretary for State in the 50's or 60's said it was part of a "mind control" plot

Yes, fluoride was a big issue for the John Birch Society - one reason it is hard to have a rational discussion today.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 3:44 pm

monty wrote:
BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Odin wrote:

Yes, fluoride was a big issue for the John Birch Society - one reason it is hard to have a rational discussion today.

Hardly - it's easy to have a rational discussion. It's a neurotoxic waste product from aluminium smelteries that gets dumped in our water and told it's 'for our own good'. Yet it harms the thyroid gland, builds up in your system, harms your bones, your teeth, and probably your brain, and has no place in our drinking or washing or anything else water. Or toothpaste. Simple.

Even the Dental Association of America has admitted it isn't safe.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 4:02 pm

Yes, it is easy for one side to talk, and the other to dismiss it as paranoid delusions - its like a tin foil hat. Even if I find hard scientific evidence that wearing a tinfoil hat is beneficial, no one will take it seriously, because it has become synonymous for crazy. Same with fluoride - previous nuts like the John Birchers have convinced many people that fluoride is completely safe, and that anyone who opposes it is nuts. I think that there are real issues regarding the safety, and it should be discussed.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Jan 2008, 9:28 pm

another reason its a good thing im not moving from flagstaff is all the liberals who run this town are totally against flouride being in the drinking water, they are also against cutting down trees for more growth and against using recliamed water on the peaks at the snowbowl. plus all the indians are really pissed off about that