Have you ever "cared about nothing but what you wanted&

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 8:19 am

I didn't care about going to school; I'd do it in my own good time. I'd just do anything I felt like to stimulate myself. Screw parents; i had my unique way and I'd do it my way. Life was short. I would take what I wanted from this world, because it would screw me over every chance it got.

I still feel like that.

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2008, 8:50 am

I feel sometimes when people used to call me 'selfish' it was because I always pursued the things I felt were important for me. But, life is short, and what useful can I be for others if I'm not able to get the things for myself?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 8:54 am

I kinda do what I want to do, not what others want me to do/be; one may assume that it'd lead to an overwhelming amount of conflict with others, but it hasn't in my experience.

If you walk peacefully and all that, people tend to miss you completely; I like being missed.

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2008, 8:55 am

starlighter wrote:
I feel sometimes when people used to call me 'selfish' it was because I always pursued the things I felt were important for me. But, life is short, and what useful can I be for others if I'm not able to get the things for myself?

Yeah I'm always told by some people I'm a brat and I always think of myself because I always think stuff is always happening to me, but I'm concerned with others too.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 9:11 am

I always do wots more comfortable 4 me n not bother wot other ppl do but dey would call me arrogant but den again dey don't know me.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 1:15 pm

Yes, I do have a very narrow focus on what's important to me. I actually think it's very selfless to be that way; by focusing on what I want to accomplish, I'll be able to create something that other people might appreciate. If I worried about all the things other people care about (social status, money, knowledge of TV shows, etc.) then I wouldn't have as much energy to put towards my music, writing, and animals.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Jan 2008, 5:49 pm

i dont care about having utilities. the electric company here had this rule that said if you was late paying your bill 3 times a year they get to charge you another deposit..cost? $200 :roll: , yeah i dont need to see at nite that bad, so basically im gonna tell them to f-off. im not moving to new mexcio now because one of my sisters friends said he would rent me an apartment in town for $500 that he owns. i get $850 from the government and will easily have almost $400 to spend on myself! i'll just buy a bigass candle for myself and light that baby up at nite to see and take baths at my sisters house, plus im gonna start dating hippy girls so they wont be botherd by my alternative yet cool lifesyle. infact since this apartment is in downtown flagstaff, im almost certain to hook up!

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 6:08 pm

I really don't need electricity either, so unless it's included in the rent, I can do without it! Candles really warm up a place, and I can use flashlights if I don't feel like risking fires. that was exactly what I was going to do, Richard. I don't need a fridge or a stove; eating out is just as cheap as cooking. The other stuff I can buy dailyand eat that day.... and milk can last a night if kept in a cool place. :)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Jan 2008, 6:17 pm

renting is a flipping waste of money. but paying for electricity is even a bigger waste of it, why? the sun is out almost all day and at nite your supose to be sleeping anyways. plus if you wanted to go out and have some fun wal-mart is open 24hrs a day. i'd take my sweetie out there then we would go back to myplace and fall the f**k asleep

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 4:31 am

I remember when I was understimmed, and I had been depressed before, but now I was giddy from my antidepressant; I had just started it. It made me feel like I COULD find stimulation! So I did. I went on a huge shopping spree. There was nothing else to do! No clubs open at that hour. Didn't want to drink depressants or sit in a restaurant or bar with hardly any people as everyone was at work. When you eat too much food you eventually get sick of it, so that isn't stimulating.

JoeNapo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2008, 5:04 am

Ana54 wrote:
I didn't care about going to school; I'd do it in my own good time. I'd just do anything I felt like to stimulate myself. Screw parents; i had my unique way and I'd do it my way. Life was short. I would take what I wanted from this world, because it would screw me over every chance it got.

I still feel like that.

im the same. Screw life and ill do whatever I wanna do that day in the most entertained way. Life is short to be bounded by things you dislike when your carefree mentality can completely take over. Same concept as a drug addict just without the drug use.