Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2005, 10:37 pm

Consider this, what if there was no GOD, what would you do?
how would you act? how would you live your life?
If there was no GOD would you.-
Not Blame god for all your failings?
Stop blaming your self and make changes with knowing there is no one to help do it for you?
Not Blame everyone for all your failings?
Stop whining about what others have done to you and take action knowing no-one will reward you in the end for being nice?
Not expect someone to come and save you and instead rely more on your self?
Try to save your self knowing no one else will?
Not turn the other cheek for others to slap when you know there is no one to punish them in the end?
Let others know they can not treat you in a bad way knowing there is no one in the end to take revenge for you? or to protect you even in a minor way?
Not expect someone to listen to your hurts and pains and reply somehow, but instead take action?
Stop waiting for the invisible man to come and save you?
Start listening to others more who are about to pass away knowing you will never see them agin?

What would you do?
:twisted:

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2005, 10:44 pm

I do whatever I want anyways...the only reason I dont kill people is because I dont want to go to jail

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 12:13 am

aspergian_mutant wrote:
Consider this, what if there was no GOD, what would you do?
how would you act? how would you live your life?
If there was no GOD would you.-
Not Blame god for all your failings?
Stop blaming your self and make changes with knowing there is no one to help do it for you?
Not Blame everyone for all your failings?
Stop whining about what others have done to you and take action knowing no-one will reward you in the end for being nice?
Not expect someone to come and save you and instead rely more on your self?
Try to save your self knowing no one else will?
Not turn the other cheek for others to slap when you know there is no one to punish them in the end?
Let others know they can not treat you in a bad way knowing there is no one in the end to take revenge for you? or to protect you even in a minor way?
Not expect someone to listen to your hurts and pains and reply somehow, but instead take action?
Stop waiting for the invisible man to come and save you?
Start listening to others more who are about to pass away knowing you will never see them agin?

What would you do?
:twisted:
Funny, seeing as how God tells us to do those things anyway. But I doubt you'd understand that. :wink:

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 12:28 am

I have a hard time with this question because I have a strong belief in God, but I would like to think that if people just believed we were here and when we died just went away they would still be civil to each other . . .
In fact, the people I have known who held this belief were particularly nice to others BECAUSE they believed this was all there was . . . this is their only chance, so to speak . . .

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2005, 6:27 am

aspergian_mutant wrote:
What would you do?

At the moment I'd probably be typing this message on WrongPlanet.net.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 7:55 am

[/quote] Funny, seeing as how God tells us to do those things anyway. But I doubt you'd understand that. :wink:[/quote]

God does'nt tell us anything. A man-made book does.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 7:57 am

eamonn wrote:
Funny, seeing as how God tells us to do those things anyway. But I doubt you'd understand that. :wink:[/quote]

God does'nt tell us anything. A man-made book does.[/quote]exactly...thank you

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 10:26 am

How do I live without God? quite well. I don't like to blame my failure and triumphs on him, and I see no need to. I do believe in a supreme being an providence, but not really anything else.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 10:30 am

Quote:
God doesn't tell us anything. A man-made book does.

Okay, a man-made book that pertains to a pervasive view of God that this thread was almost certainly referring to in the first place. Happy now?

It never fails. Make any sort of passing comment about faith, spirituality, or religion on any thread or chatroom and someone inevitably makes a completely gratutious statement. Some people are so literal-minded. :roll: :roll: :roll:

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 10:44 am

Thagomizer wrote:
Quote:

Okay, a man-made book that pertains to a pervasive view of God that this thread was almost certainly referring to in the first place. Happy now?

It never fails. Make any sort of passing comment about faith, spirituality, or religion on any thread or chatroom and someone inevitably makes a completely gratutious statement. Some people are so literal-minded. :roll: :roll: :roll:

LoL, Look who's talking, hahaha.

I know what the Bible teaches, but the points and Ideology's I was trying to make was still in many ways left mute.

Its almost like my asking what you would expect out of a heaven, I had asked that once and never got a striate answer.
Like, what are you expecting? streets made of gold? what value is gold in a place like that? or are you wanting someone to tell you what to do all the time so you don't have to think for your self? or are you expecting to sit back and do nothing but be lazy for eternity? to be given a job you may like and work forever for someone elce? what? to get to live out your fantisys forever? to sniff flowers and chase pritty girls/boys about? to get to have all the sex/food/etc you want without worry? etc etc etc. what?

Last edited by aspergian_mutant on 06 Sep 2005, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 10:49 am

A wise man once said that "it is better to live your life as if there is a God then finding out you're wrong than living your life as if there is not a God and finding out that there was one". I think it was C.S. Lewis (or someone like that) who said this, but I'm not sure. As soon as I have the chance to ask around, I'll post who said this brilliant quote.

That's pretty much how I see it. If I live my life believing in God, then die and find out that I'm wrong, I haven't really lost anything. On the other hand, if I live my life as if there is no God (or Divine Authority) and then I die and realize I am wrong, then I'm toast. Literally.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 10:55 am

If there was a god, do you not think he would see through that little trick and make you toast anyway? I would'nt worship a god that would toast good people as undoutably some atheists are.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 10:56 am

Thagomizer wrote:
Quote:

Yes.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 11:00 am

Namiko wrote:
A wise man once said that "it is better to live your life as if there is a God then finding out you're wrong than living your life as if there is not a God and finding out that there was one". I think it was C.S. Lewis (or someone like that) who said this, but I'm not sure. As soon as I have the chance to ask around, I'll post who said this brilliant quote.

That's pretty much how I see it. If I live my life believing in God, then die and find out that I'm wrong, I haven't really lost anything. On the other hand, if I live my life as if there is no God (or Divine Authority) and then I die and realize I am wrong, then I'm toast. Literally.

Oh hey, I like that one, good point, but non the less, your living life in a way out of fear of being punished in the end if your wrong, this would make god a bully wouldn't it? secondly, are you not able to live a good life without being threatened into submission to do so?