Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:32 pm

after 11 years at one company that required a 3-piece suit, I relish working for a company that lets me work in jeans (and a polo shirt and tennis shoes..;)

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:45 pm

I like heavy weight jeans like realy thick cotton. but not tight. moving room.

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:24 pm

Jeans are pretty much all I wear most of the time. I don't like the super-baggy 90's style jeans, but prefer like 60's style jeans. When jeans are too baggy, they rub and irritate my skin as I move around, and pull when they get twisted or tangled. Tighter jeans stay put and don't rub as much. Jeans are nice and protective, which I need for my job, since I'm frequently crawling around in attics and basements, and other locations where lesser durable clothing with get torn, and then my skin would get scratched. The biggest problem I have is being only 130 pounds, finding men's jeans small enough for me is a challenge, so I've resorted to wearing women's jeans in masculine styles. Most people probably can't tell the difference anyways...they just look like tighter versions of mens jeans

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:41 pm

AV-geek wrote:
Jeans are pretty much all I wear most of the time. I don't like the super-baggy 90's style jeans, but prefer like 60's style jeans. When jeans are too baggy, they rub and irritate my skin as I move around, and pull when they get twisted or tangled. Tighter jeans stay put and don't rub as much. Jeans are nice and protective, which I need for my job, since I'm frequently crawling around in attics and basements, and other locations where lesser durable clothing with get torn, and then my skin would get scratched. The biggest problem I have is being only 130 pounds, finding men's jeans small enough for me is a challenge, so I've resorted to wearing women's jeans in masculine styles. Most people probably can't tell the difference anyways...they just look like tighter versions of mens jeans

Ok I weight the same and I am short. this is where I get jeans, go to Sears and go to the boy cloth and look for levis jeans they are called husky sizes. I swear to you you'll find the right size. you will think the jeans were made just for you. Polo assoc makes husky sizes and wreangler, cannon river. Tell me when you find your size.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:58 pm

I hate wearing jeans or anything else made of cotton. I prefer clothing that won’t hold on to moisture. I prefer modern polyester, fleece, and merino wool. I can tolerate most other synthetics too, as long as they breath. Tight clothes don’t bother me per se, as long as they don’t restrict movement (and aren’t cotton).

I don’t like wearing heavy clothes, but I guess I do like having a something over me while I sleep. I usually use a fleece blanket, and if I get hot I will just stick my feet out from under it.

I prefer hugs, as long as they’re from females. I don’t like experiencing harsh male touching (roughhousing, etc). I used to do that with friends, but now I get angry if males touch me when I’m not prepared.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Jan 2008, 6:54 pm

Hmm. Yes, I do seem to have a need to wear heavy clothes; I enjoy living in a place where it is chilly most of the year, for then I can wear heavy stuff and not become overheated.

I'm terribly fond of jeans, especially a well-broken in pair. They need to be loose ("relaxed" fit), and lined like these. I also tend to wear Duofold thermal bottoms under the lined jeans; I'm wearing an old pair if fleece lined jeans and Duofold bottoms right now; yes, I do like the heaviness of it all.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is still planning to move to Iceland...

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 6:41 pm

Quote:
Ok I weight the same and I am short. this is where I get jeans, go to Sears and go to the boy cloth and look for levis jeans they are called husky sizes. I swear to you you'll find the right size. you will think the jeans were made just for you. Polo assoc makes husky sizes and wreangler, cannon river. Tell me when you find your size.

Yep, tried that, I guess I should also mention I'm about 5ft 9 inches, with a 28 inch waist....about an average guy's height, but skinny as a girl. The problem with the Husky sizes is that they are usually too short, with the longest inseam sizes being 30 inches, and the thighs were way too baggy. Probably perfect for you since you mentioned being short. Girl jeans seem to fit me perfect, and the lower rise ones look a little stylish too. Only problem with girl-jeans is that the pockets are too small!

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 6:45 pm

I don't like tight clothing, but I like jeans because I get them more loose. I also don't like low rise jeans (or whatever they are) they're so uncomfortable. How people can wear them is beyond me. I like being hugged by my mom, but not so much from anyone else. I don't initiate hugs either. I despise light touches.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 8:59 pm

I love jeans. I dont care for the rough denim of the wrangler types. I love low -rise stretch cotton boot cut jeans. As long as the rise goes below my bellybutton. I have IBS and the last thing i need is a big brass button poking me in the guts. My belly is just too sensitive. I have noticed that the thicker the fabric on the jeans the more i like them. they just feel really nice and secure. In fact, i like most of my clothes to be made of cotton or a cotton blend. I dont like the texture of polyester and feel suffocated in it. Acrylic is okay, but its a little itchy. Wool....itchy scratchy but nice and warm. Silk feels really good, kind of like how skin is smooth but a little sticky. But jeans are my favorite.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 10:01 pm

AV-geek wrote:
Quote:

Yep, tried that, I guess I should also mention I'm about 5ft 9 inches, with a 28 inch waist....about an average guy's height, but skinny as a girl. The problem with the Husky sizes is that they are usually too short, with the longest inseam sizes being 30 inches, and the thighs were way too baggy. Probably perfect for you since you mentioned being short. Girl jeans seem to fit me perfect, and the lower rise ones look a little stylish too. Only problem with girl-jeans is that the pockets are too small!

Have you tried the students jeans they come long and skinny? 28waist 30 , 28w33 ?

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 10:03 pm

I used to wear jeans in high school, but now I wear three-quater lengh pants, seeing as though it's Summer in Australia.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 4:20 am

dawndeleon wrote:
I dont like the texture of polyester and feel suffocated in it.

There are many types of polyester, each with its own texture. Some of them, such as coolmax and polartec, feel softer than cotton. And those two breath particularly well - that's why the best athletic clothing is made out of them.

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2008, 8:32 am

I used to hate jeans because some where very stiff and restricting,now there softer but i always feel itchy when i wear them.When i was really young i hated clothes and bedding but when i got older i started to like heavy blankets.Now i find i cant sleep well when its hot because i need something heavy over me so i usually spend summer nights turning my quilt over to get the cool side.