Autism spectrum disorder name is what on the scale of autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 6:20 pm

so if some one has Autism spectrum disorder , what does it refere to on the spectrum like where on the spectrum is Autism spectrum disorder? I am confused as to what it means. And (Relational problems NOS )is?

Any one want to give it a crack?

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jan 2008, 6:41 pm

If you are labeled with just an Autism Spectrum Disorder, this is usually a classification given by the school system. It usually means that you have 2 or 3 things from different parts of the spectrum. And not really enough to be one certain thing. Like you have a few Asperger's things, a few classic autism things, a few high functioning things. So, not enough to be one, so they blanket policy, you. Also the school isn't really qualified to diagnose, so they have to say ASD.

Sometimes doctors will do the same thing. It also can be called pervasive development non specific type (PDD-NOS). It just depends on who does the diagnosis and how sensory integrated you are.

At least, that's what I see working with kids in the school systems. Other people can tell you what their understanding is.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 7:12 pm

thanks liverbird

i was diginosed AS when younger, and then last month with ASD , sensory intergration disorder, ADHD inattentive type, relational problem NOS. by a Ph.D. So now I am realy confused about every thing.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 7:18 pm

Autism Spectrum Disorder refers to the whole range of autism-related conditions.

Which means, those things currently named as autism, Asperger's, PDD-NOS/atypical autism, Rett's, and childhood disintegrative disorder.

It's not a specific term. It just means you could be any one of those.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 7:20 pm

but does your rose still smell as sweet?

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 7:26 pm

Sedaka wrote:
but does your rose still smell as sweet?

Still as sweet as it has always been. @}~~'~~

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:20 pm

it's between 3400-3600 angstroms...;)

Or 42...could definately be a 42...;)

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:38 pm

anbuend wrote:
Autism Spectrum Disorder refers to the whole range of autism-related conditions.

Which means, those things currently named as autism, Asperger's, PDD-NOS/atypical autism, Rett's, and childhood disintegrative disorder.

It's not a specific term. It just means you could be any one of those.

well I would like some thing a little more concret in stead of Autism Spectrum Disorder. I guess the doc just thinks its better this way? I don't know. thank you for your response. so maybe I could just pick one for my self. LOL :lol: today I am HFA and tomorow I'll be AS.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:40 pm

pakled wrote:
it's between 3400-3600 angstroms...;)

Or 42...could definately be a 42...;)

I.. could be me and me.. could be I and I could be the same as me. :D

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jan 2008, 11:27 pm

There is no DSM code called "autism spectrum disorder." If the psychologist is sending off a diagnosis to a health insurance company, he must have used some other category.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:44 pm

nominalist wrote:
There is no DSM code called "autism spectrum disorder." If the psychologist is sending off a diagnosis to a health insurance company, he must have used some other category.

O I didn't know that. I should pressure him in to making him work and get me the right diagnosis! thanks