Toucan

23 Jan 2008, 10:35 pm

If you have a digg.com account, digg this

http://www.digg.com/world_news/Autism_S ... istic_Girl

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 10:47 pm

Pathetic, innit? Actually, hang a bloody mo. How many members, and high ranking ones at that, are Scientologists?

On sabbatical...

TheFace
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jan 2008, 10:56 pm

I fail to see what scientololgy has to do with this... care to enlighten me?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 11:06 pm

TheFace wrote:
I fail to see what scientololgy has to do with this... care to enlighten me?

Well, Scientologists are enormously evangelical and fanatical, they claim to be the ultimate authority on mental health issues, AND they're litigious as all hell. See the paralells here? Autism Speaks will have Scientologists throughout their ranks, and probably in the higher echelons.

On sabbatical...

TheFace
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jan 2008, 11:10 pm

I've been hearing some hacker group has been attacking scientology websites for the last week....

If were lucky maybe theyll get autism speaks.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 11:11 pm

TheFace wrote:
I've been hearing some hacker group has been attacking scientology websites for the last week....

If were lucky maybe theyll get autism speaks.

Who knows?

On sabbatical...

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 1:13 am

I wish the scientologists would keep the hell away from us - they're responsible for most of the anti-ritalin groups. My son benefits greatly from Ritalin but every few months we have to go through the same s**t again about "oh but won't that cause him to become a cocaine addict... etc"

and it's all thanks to the Scientology propaganda.

Perhaps we should have some more religions from fiction authors to show the world what it really means.... I'm all for some religions from Stephen King, Ben Elton and erm... Xavia Hollander :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 1:14 am

gbollard wrote:
I wish the scientologists would keep the hell away from us - they're responsible for most of the anti-ritalin groups. My son benefits greatly from Ritalin but every few months we have to go through the same sh** again about "oh but won't that cause him to become a cocaine addict... etc"

You want to be careful with Ritalin - it can become addictive.

TheFace
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jan 2008, 1:17 am

gbollard wrote:
I wish the scientologists would keep the hell away from us - they're responsible for most of the anti-ritalin groups. My son benefits greatly from Ritalin but every few months we have to go through the same sh** again about "oh but won't that cause him to become a cocaine addict... etc"

and it's all thanks to the Scientology propaganda.

Perhaps we should have some more religions from fiction authors to show the world what it really means.... I'm all for some religions from Stephen King, Ben Elton and erm... Xavia Hollander :)

There are actually people who follow the Vulcan and Klingon faith as well.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 1:34 am

That's pretty hypocritical...suing an autistic girl for expressing her thoughts about Autism Speaks. It's also pretty hypocritical when the title of the site is "Autism Speaks": if someone with autism is trying to speak their mind, they just hit them on the side of the head, take what they can, and run! (Sarcastically speaking of course lol). It seems kind of strange that a website that is trying to help autistics (or mainly parents of autistics) is suing a site that would make most people with autism laugh.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

rossc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2010, 8:46 am

Interesting thread. Must read for all. Especially in light of the Autism Speaks deal brokered with Alex

Claire_Louise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2010, 11:45 pm

Sorry what Autism Speaks deal with Alex?

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 12:05 am

Yeah, I never heard about this either. I've read a lot of comments from people saying that they would leave WP and never come back if Alex made a deal with Autism Speaks. WP would never be the same again. Hopefully it's just a rumor because I don't exactly support what the organization stands for.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.