Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2008, 5:38 pm

What is your favorite X-Files episode.

I have so many. Being a writer, I liked the episode where a writer who likes Scully's own character comes to life and is killing people.

I think the sickest one is the one with the in-breeds and the mom that lives under the floorboards

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 5:57 pm

Gethsemane, Redux and Redux II (and other episodes featuring the sigarete smoking man) are my favourites. The episode with the inbred yokels (named "Home") was banned from reruns for years, and is the only episode with a TV-MA rating.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 6:45 pm

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose - Peter Boyle as the insurance salesman who could see the future of the person he was with.

The Rain King - The weatherman whose emotions controlled the weather. Victoria Jackson was his love interest.

X-Cops - The crew of "Cops" follows Scully and Mulder as they chase a monster.

Fight Club - Everytime these twins (Kathy Griffin) met it caused everyone around them to fight.

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2008, 6:52 pm

I got a question. Is that episode that Gillian Anderson directed, where at the begening we see Mulder sleeping in her bed. Do you think that's how she got pregnant?

zee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 8:16 pm

Ooh, I love the X-files!! So many excellent episodes! My favorites:

"Field Trip"- Season 6, where M & S get trapped in a cave by a fungus, and then they think they're back in the city (but they aren't.)

"Darkness Falls"-Season 1, disappearing logging crews, glowing bugs that cocoon their prey, M & S get cabin fever, very entertaining and interesting.

"The Erlenmyer Flask" - Season 1 finale, discovery of the DNA with and extra pair of nucleotides.

"Ice" - Season 1, another cabin fever episode, with ammonia-based life form in arctic ice.

"War of the Coprophages" - Hiliarious but plausible, ET cockroaches.

"Our town", "Syzygy", etc. :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 7:41 am

This one: http://xfiles.wearehere.net/episodes/4x03.htm :D

But I must admit I haven't watched X-Files for several years so my memories concerning particular episodes are fading. I must start watching the series again.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 4:39 pm

Irulan wrote:
This one: http://xfiles.wearehere.net/episodes/4x03.htm :D

But I must admit I haven't watched X-Files for several years so my memories concerning particular episodes are fading. I must start watching the series again.

That is a memorable one, a couple of the others mentioned it as well. It's really scary too!

I started re-watching a lot of the episodes recently as well. I still haven't watched season 9, or most of season 8, I just got tired of the whole soap-opera about Mulder. The new agents weren't bad additions, IMO, it was the overblown mythology that made it so unwatchable near the end.

Have you heard anything about the upcoming sequel? :o

Sharpie-lines
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2008, 7:04 pm

My favorite episode of the X-Files is "Humbug" where Mulder and Scully go to Florida to investigate the death of the Alligator Man and find themselves among a bunch of circus sideshow performers.

brfandan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2008, 8:47 pm

any episode with Alex Krycek and the cigarette smoking man.

i've been watching the entire series on dvd and im up to season 7 now, i just hope it stays awesome a little while longer, i hear it gets bad after season 8 or so.

someguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jan 2008, 11:59 am

The episode with Jesse the Body as a Man in Black and the black and white episode with the Great Mutato (I think that was his name) who had two faces and ended with Scully and Mulder dancing.

Classics!

zee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 6:14 pm

someguy wrote:
The episode with Jesse the Body as a Man in Black and the black and white episode with the Great Mutato (I think that was his name) who had two faces and ended with Scully and Mulder dancing.

Classics!

The second one is 'the Post-modern Prometheus' from season 5. I think I'll watch that one tonight!

I don't remember which one the first one is, but wasn't Alex Trebek also a MIB?

"Bad Blood" is also an excellent episode--that's the one where they investigate a possible vampire, and Mulder and Scully tell slightly different versions of the same story, including the part about the handsome sheriff. Priceless. :D

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 12:02 pm

I'm gonna be a bore and say "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'" or any episode with the Lone Gunmen or that one that was a parody of "Rashomon" (I forgot the name of it).

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 9:37 pm

Funny, Home is one of my favorites ever.

"The PRIDE! THE LOVE!! !"

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 9:40 pm

That and Bad Blood.

And the episode where they end up in the woods . . . which one, right? Let me look it up.

*wanders off*

*comes back*

Detour. The one where Scully sings “Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog" to Mulder.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

UnclScrewtape
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2008, 10:41 pm

Bad Blood: "Y'all must be the gummint people!" and "He is an idiot, but he's one of us".

Arcadia: "Woman!! Get back in here and make me a samwich!! Did I not make myself clear?"

DPO: "Aw, man! Not the cows again!"

Clyde Bruckmann's Final Repose: "I can't think of a more humiliating way to go than auto-erotic asphyxiation."

The Unusual Suspects: "Come on, Daddy needs a new Sword of Wounding!"

zee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 2:23 am

LOL, good quotes, Unclscrewtape. Here's one from Syzygy:

Scully: Why do you always have to drive? Because you're the guy? Because you're the big macho man?
Mulder: No, I was just never sure your little feet could reach the pedals.

I just had kind of a surreal experience this evening--I was watching an episode from season 1 and I realized I met one of the actors that was in it! He acted in a play I worked on, it was so weird.

Wow, I'm like totally hijacking this thread... :o