can someone summarize hillary clinton's autism program?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

fabshelly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2008, 5:39 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Well, to be honest I haven't been paying much attention to this last electon. But I've seen a lot of things Bush has done, and even if Hillary made things worse, she couldn't do more damage then Bush if she tried.

And Bill Clinton was a damned good president. The man was a road scholar. If he kept the office to this day we'd be well on our way to getting out of debt.

Didn't we have a surplus when he left?

How fast did the failed oilman/drug addict/alkie/AWOL spoiled "I hear voices, must be Jeebus" Shrub get us into the red?

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 5:54 pm

fabshelly wrote:
TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Well, to be honest I haven't been paying much attention to this last electon. But I've seen a lot of things Bush has done, and even if Hillary made things worse, she couldn't do more damage then Bush if she tried.

And Bill Clinton was a damned good president. The man was a road scholar. If he kept the office to this day we'd be well on our way to getting out of debt.

How fast did the failed oilman/drug addict/alkie/AWOL spoiled "I hear voices, must be Jeebus" Shrub get us into the red?

Could surplus mean we were making more money then we were spending?

I thought we were still somewhat indebted to other countries when he got out of office. But the point is we wouldn't be in debt much or at all at this point.
Everyone remembers Clinton for the sex scandal and the time he smoked marijuana, but he was such a great president.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 6:49 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
fabshelly wrote:
TheMidnightJudge wrote:

Could surplus mean we were making more money then we were spending?

I thought we were still somewhat indebted to other countries when he got out of office. But the point is we wouldn't be in debt much or at all at this point.
Everyone remembers Clinton for the sex scandal and the time he smoked marijuana, but he was such a great president.

Actually, the surplus was supposedly there even BEFORE clinton took office the first time, but it was a ******BUDGET****** surplus!(The years budgeted expenses were less than the years budgeted "revenues") With TRILLIONS of dollars in debt, and the fact that taxpayers now are STILL paying for their grandparents debt and retirement, do you REALLY think it would EVER be paid off!?!? HECK, they were talking about increasing the retirement age quite a bit when clinton was in office, and I am sure even before that.

BTW For those that don't understand a budget surplus....

The Expenses are NOT real! They are basically INTEREST on bonds, tbills, and various loans. They do NOT include Social Security, etc... The "Revenues" are generally TAXES!! ! They aren't reliable, predictable, or even real revenue.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy01/browse.html

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy01/ ... st01z3.xls

What about NOW?

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy07/ ... st01z4.xls

Interesting! They include the trust fund info! I guess because, for the moment, it seems better. Never mind that most of the outlay is going to people that aren't paying anything in, and most of the people paying in are supposed to later get paid.

This IS just a summary, but you can see how it is only a budget, and even if realized, they wouldn't pay for even next year. From what I have heard, this would take at least 70 years to become a REAL surplus. Some estimates would be as high as 120 years! And that is if they counted everything.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:33 pm

Hillary has an autism plan? who knew?..;)

It's about time we had a woman president, that time is now
It's about time we had a black president, that time is now
choose one...;)

Well, I'm sure it's a bullet point on the Powerpoint presentation she'll set up during her upcoming 3rd term...;)

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:49 pm

pakled wrote:
Hillary has an autism plan? who knew?..;)

It's about time we had a woman president, that time is now
It's about time we had a black president, that time is now
choose one...;)

Well, I'm sure it's a bullet point on the Powerpoint presentation she'll set up during her upcoming 3rd term...;)

Well, I have seen a few movies that claimed even CHELSEA was going to be president. If you want to have a woman president, GREAT! Let's just not have it be a clinton.

Tortuga
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 1:05 pm

srriv345 wrote:
I'm not a fan of Sen. Clinton's autism plan, but these sorts of comments about a female candidate are actually quite disgusting.

I can tell you're not a Southpark fan.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 4:02 pm

Hilary's knowledge on autism I always equated with Oprah's knowledge, if you can call it that. They seem more interested in the sensational aspects of autism and "finding a cure", which for some reason I always equated with those quacks who promoted phrenology, or who said homosexuality could be cured. Autism isn't a disease, it's not something you can catch, it's who you are.

The difference is not even Oprah is supporting Hilary now. She's supporting Obama. What does that say about Hilary?

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 8:59 am

All Hillary will do is go after men and continue the outrageous male bashing that is so prevalent in the US. She will take from the rich to give to the lazy...yes, I said lazy...I don't mind taking from the rich to give to the real poor, I mind taking from the rich to give to the lazy. She'll then pass more laws, like her husband did, to "protect women"...oops, no, she'll pass more laws to hurt men...she'll pass more laws so that women have power and men have less choices, ie. current child support laws.

At the end of the day, I would vote for Ron Paul as the only candidate that allows people to take responsibility for their actions and as the only one who is concerned with everyone's rights. However, if he doesn't do well in the primaries, then my vote would definitely be for Obama.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:25 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Hillary Clinton is a loser, than. I think that the autistic American population should vote for the young black guy, instead.

I think each member of the autistic American population should decide by himself whether to vote or not and who to vote for.