can someone summarize hillary clinton's autism program?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:38 am

NOTHING could be worse than Bush. If she does nothing, it's better than starting a war.

Tortuga
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 10:04 am

Hilldog's platform begins with a story about how she used to know some woman who had an autistic kid. From that experience, Hilldog learned that mothers do not cause autism :?

Then, she makes some mention of throwing money into research and special ed. Her plan would involve higher taxes and new bureaucracies.

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2008, 10:07 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
NOTHING could be worse than Bush. If she does nothing, it's better than starting a war.

But if anyone is going to find a way, it'd be her. Jesus, she creeps me out.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 10:55 am

Ana54 wrote:
Alex Plank had his picture taken with her. It's in the Autism Perspectives magazine, or somewhere else I forget. She must know about WP.

To know of somethings existence, and to know details about what it exists for are two ENTIRELY different things! BESIDES, she may have many THOUSANDS of people ferreting out such venues!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 11:01 am

Irisrises wrote:
If I were American I would vote for Hillary Clinton. I think it's because I'm pragmatic. I think people who vote for Obama are too idealistic - they believe in simple solutions to difficult problems. Of course she's corrupt but she knows what she's up against, she knows what she's dealing with in terms of U.S. and world politics and she still wants to go back there. I think she's the only one tough enough to handle the current world crisis.

Also, I'd be very happy to see a female president but that's secondary. I think Obama will do a better job in ten years time than he would now.

Hillary once said that you can end the iraqi war by simply pulling people out! You can't get ANY more simplistic or idiotic than that!! !! !!

What a lot of feminists fail to see is that an IDIOTIC woman may HURT their cause! Besides, Hillary just wants to serve HERSELF!

I really do hate to say it, but Obama IS better.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 11:04 am

lovebat wrote:
Mike Huckabee for the win! Or anyone else not named Hillary is fine too.

He won ME over the first day also, but doens't seem to be doing well politically. 8-(

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 11:12 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:

But she WILL want to do something! She HAS to so she can write books, get PAC funds, etc... THAT is the stuff she REALLY wants. BTW we CAN be worse off, and BILL clintons presidency set the US as TEETERING! It is getting ready to fall. The next president will enter at a time that will be worse than perhaps ANY president in the history of the US.

ONE wrong move can send the economy into a tail spin and, frankly, I don't know of ANY easy way out!! !! ! The fed funds rate is ALREADY way too low. They just lowered it another .75 points to stop the tailspin that happened only last week in the stock market.

That rate needs to be HIGH to protect the dollar, and allow movement down to keep things stable. They CAN'T boost it up, because that would choke the economy.

THAT is what STARTED this garbage!! ! Greenspan kept raising the rate too much during clinton, and it hurt so much that he ended up sending it into a freefall.

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jan 2008, 11:27 am

Or how about we don't let the clueless federal government fund Autism in the first place? The federal government was not designed for or is well suited for making programs that affect people's personal lives.

Our country is larger than one of the continents in the world. It spans 2 continents, 7 time zones and even 2 hemispheres. Most of our states, if put in Europe, would be automatically one of the largest countries in Europe save for Russia. If one of our states were placed in Africa, it would automatically become the richest country on the continent by far.

Do you think 435 people in congress, 101 people in the senate and a president can handle the affairs of 300 million people on 2 continents and 2 hemispheres, especially people with such a disorder like Autism? Congress, by the sheer numbers, isn't designed to take care of things like that.

The only thing they can do is throw money around for autism research. That's about it. They can't be help us. Like I said before, the federal legislative-executive branch only consists of 537 members numbers. You're asking a group of 537 people who are more than preoccupied with the dealings of the 300 million people in their country, and the dealings of 6.3 billion other people in their country to pay attention to our cause.

The best thing to do is stop trying to pander to national politicians for Autism research, and start going to your Governor or your town's state senator. Or, if you live in a state with multiple major metro areas like Florida, New York, New Jersey, Missouri, Texas, Ohio, North Carolina, or Ohio, beg your mayor and city council.

If you don't, you'll get "awareness" and "help" from federal panderers like Hillary Clinton, John Edwards and Barak Obama, who have made their political careers on pandering to causes they hardly know anything about.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 12:01 pm

Well, to be honest I haven't been paying much attention to this last electon. But I've seen a lot of things Bush has done, and even if Hillary made things worse, she couldn't do more damage then Bush if she tried.

And Bill Clinton was a damned good president. The man was a road scholar. If he kept the office to this day we'd be well on our way to getting out of debt.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 12:03 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
The next president will enter at a time that will be worse than perhaps ANY president in the history of the US.

What about the time the country almost split in half? The south came closer to winning than ever expected. And if Lee's invasion into the north had succeeded they might have gotten help from Europe.

What about World War 2? Germany was a lot more threatening than Iraq. Worse comes to worse with Iraq, we pull out and they destroy themselves and we focus on our homeland instead of hunting oil.

What about the Great Depression? Talk about times of economic instability...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 12:26 pm

Tortuga wrote:
Hilldog's platform begins with a story about how she used to know some woman who had an autistic kid. From that experience, Hilldog learned that mothers do not cause autism :?

Then, she makes some mention of throwing money into research and special ed. Her plan would involve higher taxes and new bureaucracies.

She does appear to be very ugly. She looks like Judge Judy. :lol:

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 12:54 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Tortuga wrote:

She does appear to be very ugly. She looks like Judge Judy. :lol:

I'm not a fan of Sen. Clinton's autism plan, but these sorts of comments about a female candidate are actually quite disgusting.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 2:08 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Hillary Clinton is a loser, than. I think that the autistic American population should vote for the young black guy, instead.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 2:23 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
The next president will enter at a time that will be worse than perhaps ANY president in the history of the US.

What about the time the country almost split in half? The south came closer to winning than ever expected. And if Lee's invasion into the north had succeeded they might have gotten help from Europe.

What about World War 2? Germany was a lot more threatening than Iraq. Worse comes to worse with Iraq, we pull out and they destroy themselves and we focus on our homeland instead of hunting oil.

What about the Great Depression? Talk about times of economic instability...

When the country split in half(They DID have seperate rule, separate militaries, etc... so it was like they WERE split in half), it didn't affect the economy, and the country could have extended various rules to the states, or split it into two FORMALLY.

Well, Germany didn't come over here, or affect our resources, etc...

GREAT DEPRESSION!?!?!?!? Hey, THAT happened when the dollar was supported by more than promisses. We had a REAL currency then! I am talking about us teetering on a depression WORSE than that ever seen. Incidently, that affects EVERYONE(Even great britain is being affected), and played a big part in starting WWII!! !! ! SOME say it even played a part in the civil war.

And the stock market and value of the dollar PLUMMETED with clinton in office!! !! He passed various laws destroying health insurance and bank stability(groom lake environmental exemptions, and glass steagle)! They didn't improve social security! So now WHAT did he do?

road scholar? What is THAT! I never heard of THAT, but I guess being a scholar of the road doesn't mean much! BTW, I googled it, and HERE is something I found:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107974/plotsummary

He DID claim to be a rhodes scholar. ANYWAY, I KNOW he cheated or lied! Just look at the requirements wikipedia lists!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Scholarship

HONESTLY, does THAT sound like clinton? In any event, what does a scholarship have to do with being a good president?

BTW Maybe clinton and wikipedia are wrong, and clinton IS a ROAD scholar! :roll:

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 4:46 pm

During Bill Clinton's time in office, the dollar soared to near-parity with the British pound, and had a value exceeding that of any other currency on the planet. The stock market, which started in the area of 3000 (and most experts never thought it would break 5000), soared to a high of 10,000. (I'm still not clear on what exactly that measures, but there you go.) He did benefit from the dot-com boom, of course, but that was not the sole cause. Meanwhile, the federal budget was actually balanced, and looked to be going into a period of long-term surpluses. The US was riding a wave of international favor, having just won a minor war in the Balkans without a single US casualty, and while rescuing Muslims (who were being killed en masse by people calling themselves Eastern Orthodox).

Under Bush, while the stock market has gained even more, the value of the dollar has plummeted to ridiculous levels. (When Clinton left office, the price of gold was around $450/oz. About two weeks ago, it was over $900/oz. One euro is worth almost two and a half dollars.) The dot-com boom went bust, at least in part because of changes to various federal regulations that favored major corporations at the expense of startups. Our position on the world stage, driven even higher by world sympathy after 9/11, has been destroyed by Bush's repeated bungling in the Middle East. (Islam had begun to think of us as a friend, for saving their brethren in Kosovo - now, there are large numbers in the Islamic world who truly do think that we, as a nation, are out to eliminate them.)

Not sure where you're getting your info, but I remember those days quite clearly, thanks...

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 4:50 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
The stock market, which started in the area of 3000 (and most experts never thought it would break 5000), soared to a high of 10,000. (I'm still not clear on what exactly that measures, but there you go.) ...

I believe that's a reflection of the total value of investments.

- Emerson