Post a random truth about your adolescence.

Page 6 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm

Had childhood seizures from ages 4-6. Had difficulty comprehending verbal instructions in grade 1 and was sent for extensive psychological testing, which was prior to Asperger's addition to the DSM, so I was diagnosed with nothing. I was given coloured erasers for my participation, which my dog decided to eat then poop out. I was considered gifted just a couple years later. My most hated part of school was recess, because I was so lonely. Second most hated part of school was gym class, because I had such poor motor skills and coordination. I spent much of my childhood day dreaming.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm

I don't remember much. I pretty much shut down at around 6 or 7. Stayed that way for a long, long time.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 2:52 am

I did the terrible all-black goth phase. It makes me cringe in shame just thinking about it. Why why why.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 8:24 pm

C2V wrote:
I did the terrible all-black goth phase. It makes me cringe in shame just thinking about it. Why why why.

Hey, some people can totally pull off the look - and it's a great way for a teen to get totally creative with makeup without having to worry about any colors other than black and purple. :roll: I bet you were a cute widdle goth! :skull:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:49 am

I, too, was terribly uncoordinated in gym class. I misunderstood instructions, and got a busted / bloodied nose, once. Another time, I was really good at jumping hurdles (literally), and then, one day, all-of-a-sudden, I ran-up to a hurdle and was scared to jump (afraid of falling / hurting myself); I have no idea why.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 1:29 pm

I never seemed to get enough sleep. I would try to get to sleep by 9:30-10 PM on weeknights but still be half-awake the next day. I would often just lay my head on my desk and wait for the day to end, and when I finally got home I would lie down until supper.

I blame it partly on the medications I had to take.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 3:37 pm

I once walked for three and a half hours in 90° heat to beg my girlfriend not to break up with me. When I was almost to her house I lost my nerve and went to someone else's house and called my mom to come get me.
So...she broke up with me and I had a mini-meltdown, so she told everyone I was going to hit her. As if it wasn't bad enough that only a handful of guys would talk to me on a good day, except to call me names , NONE of the girls would talk to me for several weeks, which was super hard because I've always gotten along better with females than males. Still do.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 2:25 am

Funniest I ever did was the near end of my worst years.

Which involves an HS pre-graduation event, and ROTC (Which I ended up being exempted from drills despite nothing's really wrong with me...?).

So I entered a bit late when I got into the classroom with this hyper mood of mine. The school officer, who's a really strict guy that the entire school reveres, is talking at the front of the class. Since the door is at the front than at the back, he didn't saw me.
What I did?? I sneaked behind him and made funny gestures that made the entire class laugh. As the school officer was about to face the board, he turned by his right when I was by the left. So he didn't saw me, again.
Then I proceed taking my seat, with the entire classroom's applaud and the school officer's confusion. :lol: :lol: :lol: He didn't even noticed I was late.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Chain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2020, 4:43 pm

I was so emotionally abused at the age of 14 that I ran away to live with my dad in Chinook, Washington. He was a sociopath. My mother and stepfather chased me through the South Bend courthouse, caught me and drove me home to Portland.

Fun Fact: My father was such a bad father that he let Christopher Boyce (The Falcon) stay with us when he was on the lam from the federal pen. He let me shoot his sawed off shotgun which was very likely used in bank robberies.

Oh and I was a Communist... I also wanted to defect to the Soviet Union, lol

Last edited by Chain on 03 Jul 2020, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 4:53 pm

During my HS years, I viewed LGBT people as weird and gross.

However, a faculty member of my school (who was openly gay), helped me realize that LGBT people are no different from straight people and to him I will forever be grateful.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 9:31 pm

I have essentially no memory of my adolescence due to how severely depressed I was at the time. And I still managed to do well in school and was usually so quiet and withdrawn anyway that nobody noticed until after several years (don’t remember exactly how many), I told my mom about it, and that I had had several near-suicide attempts but had lost my nerve at the last moment.

I also spent most of my adolescent/teenage years suffering from chronic severe insomnia - as in, at some point I decided that if the birds started singing and I still hadn’t gotten any sleep, it was time to give up (because two hours or less of sleep only served to remind my body that it likes sleep and didn’t get enough, so I was more tired than if I hadn’t gotten any sleep at all).

Both of these issues are still with me, but medications help them not be so bad (though only for a while, then I have to change meds until the new ones stop working, then another medication, repeat ad nauseam).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 9:59 pm

First I've escaped and neglected school at 13.
I've quit school at 14.
Returned to school at 16.

Spent the rest of my school days and teenage years practically not talking much to anyone or even knowing anyone's name and face. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 2:48 pm

I wrote my first song at 15.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2020, 10:26 pm

Öhmm..

I finished school at 16, but how f****d up I was, I was the only kid without anything to continue with (school or work).

So I was at home, locked up in my gaming room for a whole year, playing call of duty. I was a serious online addict.
I played most nights until like 1-3 am in the morning. Sometimes even 4-5 am. And slept of course 12 hours a night(or a day lol). My mom kept coming down in the middle of the night, to fight with me, while I was playing with my gaming-buddies... she was trying to cut off the internet. Besides that troublemaking from her side, I never spoke to her.

Ohh, how I miss these day.. :lol:

Last edited by LunaticCentruroides on 04 Jul 2020, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DatasDreams
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2020, 10:35 pm

Highest performing pot head in my graduating class.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2020, 10:40 pm

DatasDreams wrote:
Highest performing pot head in my graduating class.

you won :wtg: :mrgreen: