Post a random truth about your adolescence.

Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 3:06 pm

During my HS years, my history teacher took pride in targeting me outside of class because I didn't fit in very well.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 3:44 pm

I was good at writing. I was bored in history class but had the average because, pleasant to read. I was overall, from grade school to college, a B student. Capable but too distracted because of all I wasn't into, and.. In college it could be from straight A's to D. But always good at writing. Best mark at writing and comprehension grammar etc in mid school ever and ubfortunately still unbeatten, it definitely could be bettered.. But writing.. I've been told, even in English which I can speak and write objectively about 60% I can speak my fist language. But writing is way more than that, and it's then it started, writing, when I was just 12, and innocent, and just had the hunger at 6 am.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 4:42 pm

I have always been able to make.....unique jokes, and puns (they are my speciality, so much so to the point where a teacher actually limited me to 2 per lesson otherwise he would actually give me a cause for concern!) whats interesting though is that my jokes are so....typically aspergers....as in they are observations that only the aspie mind could really see due to the lack of social understanding....actually an advantage there ...first one ive thought of really

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 4:58 pm

To me, Adolescence was one big Suck-a-thon.

Mbowx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2016, 5:22 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I wrote a play in 3rd grade in which the main character was Colonel Buttocks!! LOL I was only 8; but, surprisingly, didn't know the meaning of the word----I've just always liked "B" names.

Firstly I love "B" names to. Bob is my favourite. Sorry so excited I got side tracked.

As a teenager I loved swimming and would spend at least two hours a day in a swimming pool.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 6:37 pm

I was the same height from seventh grade to the end of tenth grade. Then I grew an inch. :mrgreen:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

09 Jun 2016, 2:19 am

Was very much loved in high school; I loved sports so much, and began my sports collection then.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 5:37 am

Mbowx wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I wrote a play in 3rd grade in which the main character was Colonel Buttocks!! LOL I was only 8; but, surprisingly, didn't know the meaning of the word----I've just always liked "B" names.

Firstly I love "B" names to. Bob is my favourite.

I always wanted to name my son Bartholomew (and call him Barth or Bart, for short). Everybody was like: "OMG, you can't name a kid that----that's HORRIBLE!!" LOL I thought it was a good, STRONG name.

Tiankay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: 3rd Street on the right, just after the event horizon...

09 Jun 2016, 3:25 pm

My mom used to be very "creative" when cooking because we were poor. But i refused to eat anything that didnt had a specific name, so we ended up eating alot of "mom was hungry again" and similar called meals.

Thats a good memory actually...

Peace
TK

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 6:13 pm

my mother always called my aspie traits "social anxiety", however recently she has now accepted that i may be aspergers (very likely according to tests,friends and research)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 7:45 pm

I got called "fa***t" so much I thought the word was part of the atmosphere. Then came home from school and had my mom trying to convince me I'm gay to "explain" my postures, sensory sensitivities, etc.

Straight, though. No peculiar kinks. Just a love for the absurd.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2016, 4:29 pm

During my HS years, my psychologist helped me come to terms with certain types of classmates, particularly classmates who were LGBT. In fact, my psychologist himself was gay.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 10:31 am

When I was 19 I had a three-panel comic strip I made printed bi-weekly in page aimed at teenagers in a Halifax newspaper. The strip was called Teen Toons and was basically a group of quirky high school students with names that went with their personalities like Roy the Punk Boy, Shirley the Cute Girly, and Not Normal Norman. I was interviewed on the news about it and I even got paid 50 dollars a month for submitting the strips. :D

That lasted for almost a year and then the newspaper discontinued the teen page. That was the closest I came to being a "real" cartoonist. :(

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 6:17 pm

I know this doesn't count for this thread, but a few days ago, I crossed paths with a girl who I had a huge crush on during my MS years. At first, I obviously didn't recognize her, but she bought me lunch, but our conversation was brief because I didn't want haunting memories from MS coming back to me. I am also glad I will not cross paths with her ever again because she has a well-paying job as a dental assistant, is in a happy relationship, and now has a relaxed demeanor to her.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm

More memories.

I was more comfortable in the water than out

I thought about being a math teacher since numbers were comforting and more steady than my family.

I took a right turn during a college psych class

My first job was Power hose cleaning meat trucks.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 9:14 pm

<--- Despised his adolescence. Surprised he's actually alive today.