Revison/rejection of "Anti-cure Cowardice"

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

elan_i
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2008, 3:41 pm

Maybe the most a cure will ever be is to improve the functioning of one's sensory capacities, and/or, decrease the sensory symptoms. Maybe, as is the case with, it seems, all of the other treatments for various conditions, there will be no cure, but instead different treatments. I don't know of any cures for even the most detectable conditions like cancer, heart disease, etc. There are only treatments. How can anyone even expect a cure if there are none for even cancer, etc? The only cures I know of are for bacterias and viruses, not for structural things about the body...heart disease, cancer, tumors, etc. There are only treatments that of varying levels of success. Removal of a tumor is not a cure, it is a treatment. Maybe the best for autism spectrum disorders will be treatments that impact the sensory symptoms to varying degrees, and there have been none that have significantly impacted these symptoms.

There have been no major treatments for autism/Aspergers, by which I mean, treatments that impact the condition to such a degree that there are fundamental improvements and the person is not longer considered as having autism or Aspergers. Autism organizations devoted to treatment admit this, as do doctors. All existing treatments have only anecdotal evidence.

alex
Developer
Developer

31 Jan 2008, 5:22 pm

elan_i, you're posting personal information about another individual. If that weren't bad enough, you're also making false accusations for no apparent reason, other than to upset her. If you continue to talk about her on the forums, you will be banned. I will be removing the posts you made from this topic that contain potentially defamatory content.