Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lonelyman88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2004, 10:48 pm

Hi,
My name is lonelyman88 and I love anime, action, horror, sci-fi, you name it I like the genre.
Favorite animes are: Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Angelic Layer, Final Fantasy Unlimated, Chobits, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh,Inuyasha.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2004, 11:27 pm

My favourite Anime is Cowboy Bebop- I have the entire series box-set and the movie. I think its great, because it shows that us skinny guys with messy hair can be heroes too, :P

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2004, 4:37 am

Cool, another anime lover. My current favorites are:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain
Haibane Renmei

I also like Utena a lot, too. You might like that, Lonelyman, since you liked Sailor Moon, and it's done by the same people.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2004, 7:42 pm

Hey! I am Archmage, and i am a serious anime lover! I especially like shows that portray magic (as a matter of fact, i like everything that portrays magic-see my intro! :D ), but I am finding it hard to find a decent anime show to call my favorite, because i dont get cable/satillite! :x What is wrong with that? My parents don't want to get cable/satillite, so i am forced to watch the not-so-good shows that air on Fox 13 every Saturday (if i can wake up in time). There's nothing i can do
except watch as much as i can during my stay with family members (all who seem to have cable/satillite). still, i am familiar with some of the shows that you mentioned. also are any of you familiar with The Legend of Zelda game series? one of my friends told me that it was once an anime TV show. I never noticed it though. Is this true? if so, is it still on air? any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ANIME FOREVER!! !
Archmage

lonelyman88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2004, 8:33 pm

Anything Nintendo is the bomb! 8) This is awesome because I actually have made a good post for once.

lonelyman88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2004, 6:50 pm

Has anybody seen an anime called Dead Leaf, or something like that?

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2004, 12:25 am

There was a Legend of Zelda cartoon in the 80s, it was part of the Super Mario Bros show. It wasn't an anime though- however it did feature the original Link with the brown hair from LoZ 1 + 2, not that blonde haired, blue eyed, bimbo Link that everyone seems to love these days.
Stick with Old-school Link, he was the best!

lonelyman88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2004, 4:41 pm

maybe I should start another forum on nintendo freaks

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2004, 7:45 pm

Thanks for the info, Sanityisoverrated! As for lonelyman88's idea of starting a nintendo freaks forum, i think that's a great idea. try putting it in the entertainment forums section. i will probably become a Hawk just by that forum alone. :D

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2004, 9:30 pm

I Like:
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo
Love Hina
Pokemon
hand made Mai
Cowboybebop
BubbleGum crisis

I like alot of Anime, I just can't remember all of the names though. I also really like Manga.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2004, 11:33 am

I haven't actually ever read any Manga, but I've seen some in EB and been tempted to buy it- however the whole backwards book thing puts me off, are they actually as awkward to read as they seem?

animefreak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2004, 9:31 pm

lonelyman88 wrote:
Hi,
My name is lonelyman88 and I love anime, action, horror, sci-fi, you name it I like the genre.
Favorite animes are: Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Angelic Layer, Final Fantasy Unlimated, Chobits, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh,Inuyasha.

My favorites are ahhhhh just read my profile its in the online now or if not you can search for it have to many anime favorites TO MANY TO WRITE

batman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Nov 2004, 1:00 am

Cowboy bebop,berserk,last exile,trigun, and outlaw star.

Writergirl53
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2015, 10:08 am

Yay! Otaku party!! ! Crank up the obscure anime theme songs!
Personally, I mostly love off-the-wall comedy animes, (gotta love Japanese humour)! Some of my favourites are Lucky star, Pani Poni Dash, SGT Frog, (aka Keroro Gunso), School Rumble, Kamisama Kiss, (Kamisama Hajimemashite) and have recently been getting into Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun and Invaders of the Rokujyoma. I also really like some less comedic ones like Magi, Tsubasa, (if I'm in the mood) and Watamote, (technically a comedy, but most of the time it's hard to think of it as one).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 1:39 am

lonelyman88 wrote:
Hi,

Dragon Ball Z and Inuyasha and Yu GI Oh even, I did actually like all those....I think I still have a deck of Yu Gi Oh cards, me and my brother used to play the card game all the time and we watched the show.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 1:46 am

Dragon Ball Z and Inuyasha and Yu GI Oh even, I did actually like all those....I think I still have a deck of Yu Gi Oh cards, me and my brother used to play the card game all the time and we watched the show.

The last anime I watched was Fairy Tale, still watching it on netflix but I think it only has the first season, not sure if there is more or not but that one is entertaining.