Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 6:25 am

Where can I get some?

Is it an aspie thing to be impatient, maybe it isnt... I dont know.

Are you a patient person?

How does one develop patience and a higher tolerance for frustration?

Taking a break.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 6:52 am

I am patient to a point, as it took me 1 & a half months for my parrot to come near me, & I paint models like this I can relate to a parrot because it feels the same way I do about humans.

just natural to me, venting allways helps for frustration...

Singing, “We’re gonna vent our frustration, if we don’t we’re gonna blow a 50-amp fuse”

Prior To Understanding What The Problems Are, An Individual Can Head In Many Different Directions, Wasting Valuable Time & Effort. When S?He Learns What The Problems Are & What Can Be Done Then S?He Has a ?Compass? To Guide Him/Her

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2008, 7:19 am

No, I never in my life have been pateint, and its something that causes alot of unessissary stress and something I need to work on after 25+ years on this planet.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 8:34 am

maybe its potential irritant, your tolerance, Patience is possible, respond with your emotions or with your intellect...

I.e. Say your driving along & now your stuck in a huge traffic jam, do you get impateint?

Or do you listen to the radio, cd, lay back & relax or get out a book, or play a game, or do something that you would not be doing at normal driving speed...

Or do you beep your horn, argue about the traffic jam, get annoyed on how slow it's going, so on...

When you can calmly answer the question, "Is this worth getting myself upset over?".

Prior To Understanding What The Problems Are, An Individual Can Head In Many Different Directions, Wasting Valuable Time & Effort. When S?He Learns What The Problems Are & What Can Be Done Then S?He Has a ?Compass? To Guide Him/Her

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 Jan 2008, 8:42 am

I am patient about some things and impatient about others.

For example...I am generally patient with other people. If there is a slow driver on the road [even though I don't drive, my mother drives me places], I don't get "road rage", or even slightly flustered. I am patient with animals...I am a good animal trainer because I let them learn at their own pace.

I am VERY impatient with myself, though. If I can't do something, like learn how to tie my shoes within 5 minutes, I will get angry, tell myself that I am stupid and dumb and sometimes be violent towards objects.

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2008, 8:51 am

I was a struggling film&tv actor for 8 years. If that doesn't teach you patience I don't know what does. I'm still kinda impatient though, must be some inherent aspie trait. Maybe its just that i'm easily bored by many things that NTs are fascinated with.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 9:09 am

I think I get frustrated with a wide range of things. Very often it is time related, such as being expected to do something by a certain time and finding out it is not going to happen. I find the slowness of things happening very frustrating, and also my own lack of executive function.

Taking a break.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 9:42 am

zen_mistress wrote:
Very often it is time related, such as being expected to do something by a certain time and finding out it is not going to happen. I find the slowness of things happening very frustrating, and also my own lack of executive function.

Have you seen if you can get more time or you do it earlier or you have a time where you seem quicker than you normally are during the day? Normally people get out of that stuff if it's stressing them, as not everyone can do certain timed work, do it at they own pace work. Or does the time really matter? Few min's seconds late...

Maybe look at how you’re doing it & see if they is a more efficient way of doing it that cut's down the time that it takes. Tryed making a todo book with opimized ways of doing something so you have a list to go on, to remind you... so less is thinking in your head & more is in a book.. so you don't have to bang your head again...

Don't know about the slowness of things happening that you or others?

Glencannon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2008, 10:29 am

I'm usually a very patient person, however when it comes to driving I have almost no patients. I also can't stand to go to big department stores, Walmart being the worst, because I just can't stand being around that many slow and stupid people (not that everyone at Walmart is stupid, just the vast majority) that I become so impatient I just have to remove myself from that situation.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 10:52 am

logitechdog wrote:
Maybe look at how you’re doing it & see if they is a more efficient way of doing it that cut's down the time that it takes. Tryed making a todo book with opimized ways of doing something so you have a list to go on, to remind you... so less is thinking in your head & more is in a book.. so you don't have to bang your head again...

Yes that is a good idea. But im most interested in finding a lifestyle where I am not constantly performing mechanised tasks. Perhaps then I will be more relaxed and therefore less irritable with everything and also have a more flexible time frame to work in.

Taking a break.

singularitymadam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: I live in a Mad Max movie. It's not as fun as it sounds.

29 Jan 2008, 11:40 am

This is a little bit funny, because when I found out what Asperger's was, I thought most people who have it would be ridiculously patient like I am. Maybe I have learned patience from my younger sister, however; she is incredibly hyperactive and impatient. Everything must be easily accomplished quickly, or she can't deal with it. I hate being in the car when she drives. Every single one of her cats has gone crazy and disappeared.

I have, what every vet has termed, "the ultimate cool jazz cat," with some variation in words. I am calmer and more relaxed than anyone I know. I always thought that had to do with my ability to focus so intensely, and forget about everything that normally worries most people. Then again, I do get absurdly anxious (but not impatient) when with people. The only times I can remember being really impatient are when someone cannot understand something I think is rather obvious, or if they are speaking/writing to me and I cannot understand them (poor grammar and the like really, really bothers me).

So, patience has nothing to do with Asperger's, according to this elaborate and comprehensive study of a forum thread. :P

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 11:57 am

I dont have any patience either, except i will tolerate stuff, like if it comes to children i have a better tolerance, other then that, nada

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 12:05 pm

I wouldn't define myself as a patient person, but some things require it of you whether you're comfortable with it or not. :x

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 12:05 pm

I wouldn't define myself as a patient person, but some things require it of you whether you're comfortable with it or not. :roll:

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 12:06 pm

I wouldn't define myself as a patient person, but some things require it of you whether you're comfortable with it or not. :roll:

Ledzeppelinrules
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2008, 12:13 pm

I'm probally the farthest thing from patient you can be.

Robert Plant quote