31 Jan 2008, 11:38 am

Yeah.

There's no DVD.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 11:51 am

never heard of it, ill try to watch it sometime.

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2008, 11:51 am

AspieDave wrote:
I'll have to check it out... but as far as "realistic"....
both for my childhood and my kids, we found "Napoleon Dynamite" to be eerily accurate...
8O

That is so true. I even had the same boots for nearly all of grade school.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 4:41 am

Confused-Fish wrote:

They don't show it often. I've been waiting since 2006 to watch it again. If you miss it on Feb. 8th, you may have to wait a year or two to get another chance to watch it.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 2:14 pm

I should mention that Lifetime has more than one channel. The movie is NOT on the regular Lifetime channel. It's on the Lifetime Movie Network on February 8th at 8:00pm ET.
http://www.lmn.tv/movies/credits.php?id=MOVE+3599

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 2:17 pm

zendell wrote:
Confused-Fish wrote:

They don't show it often. I've been waiting since 2006 to watch it again. If you miss it on Feb. 8th, you may have to wait a year or two to get another chance to watch it.
The regular Lifetime aired it in early January...

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 2:21 pm

beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
Confused-Fish wrote:

The regular Lifetime aired it in early January...

They were supposed to let me know. Lifetime lets you request to have them e-mail you when a movie comes on but they never sent me anything not even for the Jan or Feb showing. I have to check every month and didn't check the last two months. I'm lucky I checked again last week or I would have missed it in Feb also.

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Feb 2008, 2:28 pm

I'll probaly tape it, seeing as I'll be at a USY (jewish youth group) convention in Albany next weekend. Oh well.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 3:18 pm

Just a reminder that the movie about autistics comes on this Friday.
It's on the Lifetime Movie Network (not the regular Lifetime channel). It starts at 8:00pm ET

Original post:
The movie Miracle Run is a true story about the lives of two autistics from childhood through high school. Unlike the movie Rainman, these autistics are more like us. They are higher functioning and appear much more normal than Rain Man. I felt like I was watching my own childhood when I saw this movie.

Miracle Run Info - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419967/
Plot Summary - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419967/plotsummary

Scheduled on the Lifetime Movie Network for February 8th at 8:00pm eastern standard time.
http://www.lmn.tv/movies/credits.php?id=MOVE+3599

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 9:33 pm

Miracle Run Part 1
Miracle Run Part 2
Miracle Run Part 3
Miracle Run Part 4
Miracle Run Part 5
Miracle Run Part 6
Miracle Run Part 7
Miracle Run Part 8
Miracle Run Part 9

It was too uplifting for my taste but emphasizing the positives of the special skills that autistics have is perhaps the only way to make a movie about autism that is palatable to the general audience. The first part which focused on younger kids was a good and candid portrait of autistic children. The second part showed their travails growing up and the final victory. Unfortunately the film does not show the lives of the two boys when they reach adulthood and try to make their way in the world where it takes more than just special talent to get by. It would be perhaps a film that is too hard to make and even harder to watch. An interesting film though because the child actors used clearly are autistic.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

Maybe hulu.com will have it?

Whoops - nevermind. Thanks Zeno!

LVBen
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2008, 12:47 pm

There is a really good movie about an aspie that becomes a great college football player in Louisiana:
The Waterboy

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 1:44 pm

I'm watching Miracle Run on You Tube (not all the way done yet) but I have several problems with it.

How old were the children at the beginning? It seems like the mother just woke up on that morning the movie started and looked at these boys for the first time. I mean, where was she every day up until that point? She said she was going to see other doctors, but they show her helping one boy to hold his toothbrush. He was like 6 at the time? She never tried to show him how to brush his teeth before that?

She leaves the boyfriend and is supposed to be broke but she finds a BEAUTIFUL all furnished (gorgeous wood!) home to rent! I was shocked. Yes I know it's Lifetime network. The un-reality aspect of these shows really takes away from the reality part. She finds this nice black woman to babysit. Then we jet ahead how many years? 6 years it seems, and every single thing is exactly the same! The same nice black woman is coming by (but the mom tells Doug that she can't go out because there's "nobody to watch the boys") and the mom looks identically the same, down to her hair. I thought that was fake until my daughter pointed out to me that I look the same in pictures of when she was born as I do now, and she's 19. My hair is also exactly the same. So maybe that's not a valid argument. Maybe the mom is a bit Aspie as well.

I'll finish watching it but I never have liked these Lifetime movies. My experiences with being Aspie are more like the people in Mozart and the Whale than this one.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 1:49 pm

Quote:
we found "Napoleon Dynamite" to be eerily accurate...

What little I've seen of that on youtube was awesome. I don't think I'm that socially inept, but I've definately got problems.

The scene that ensued after the following quote made me laugh a lot:

"You ever take it off any sweet jumps?"

:lol:

What a great character.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 2:45 pm

the kids don't appear really 'high' functioning , how old were they when one of them said the first word?

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 2:47 pm

I keep thinking the same thing. They seemed too old at the start, and not speaking at all and not interacting, they didn't seem high functioning at all.