One Pill Makes You Autistic -- And One Pill Changes You Back

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jan 2008, 9:53 am

Another thing, is back when Multiple Personality Disorders was all the rage, it was disgusting how many people "wanted" to have this diagnoses. They seemed totally unaware of the anguish a person must have gone through, to end up like that. When I was first diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, a good friend actually said that she thought it was more "exciting" than mere depression. I wrote a poem about it, but can't find it.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 1:55 pm

Jagged Little Pill topic
Aspie and Autie like me topic

Ah, the magic bullet. If NTs could become like us, then they will have seen the enemy, and it is THEM. Maybe they will like living on the Autism Specturm so much that they would not want to go back. Being Aspie and Autie will set you free, free of the encumbrances of social nuances and other superficial crap. Maybe we will be the majority. Yay.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

subcutis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2008, 8:07 am

*concealed advertisement link deleted by lau*
- Aspie is great -

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

31 Jan 2008, 1:23 pm

Inducing autism - Now I don't understand why someone would even want to do that. "recreational autism"...sorry but I think thats just stupid.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 2:29 pm

...I'm not sure if this is a responsible thing to do. I mean, going autistic, then turning back? It doesn't take a genius to know if somebody does this a certain number of times, his/her mind will end up being screwed up. This is not a haircut we're talking about.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 7:20 pm

all I can say is What....the.......f**k?!

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 8:44 pm

Someone has been watching the Matrix movies without adult supervision. :)

I hope one day people will be able to understand AS. 8)

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 9:06 pm

hadapurpura wrote:
...I'm not sure if this is a responsible thing to do. I mean, going autistic, then turning back? It doesn't take a genius to know if somebody does this a certain number of times, his/her mind will end up being screwed up. This is not a haircut we're talking about.

exactly. Thats not cool.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 10:25 pm

I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one that finds this disturbing. Autistic Spetrum stuff aside, what if something goes wrong? Whenever dealing with any drug that messes with the brain there are side effects.

What if, for example, it permanently screws up the wiring in someone's brain? What if they person doesn't change back at all? I mean, no offense, but for all we know the drug could turn them into something that isn't autistic.

And what about the "cure"? If this proves to actually reverse wierd behaviors, will the drug be forced on those of us that don't want it?

btw,

"It might also lead to recreational autism, where people who want to take a break from having messy emotions about other people decide to unplug and enter a state where human relationships are no more important than inanimate objects"

as already pointed out this is a lie.