Anyone believe in Crystal and/or Indigo children? Adults?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 10:19 am

Just wondering...I have read a few perspectives...Crystal/Indigo...mainstream medical community autism/adhd and we must fix them...and autism/adhd and there's not a thing wrong with us, just leave us alone...

Just wondering if anyone else has read about it and your views...

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 8:33 pm

I ran across that concept in another thread awhile back and checked out some sites... and laughed my ass off.... :lol: :lol:

The whole thing seemed like a bunch of emo kids, possibly some on the spectrum, or with other issues, who's parents wouldn't take them near a real medical professional for all the tea in China.

It's just another refuge for people who can't accept their children may, in fact, be autistic. The difference between them and the mercury mafia is they probably never had the kid vaccinated, if ever even near a doctor. New age nutters... At least they seem to realize that we're INTELLIGENT, they just don't accept that they're kids could possibly be autistic. A lot of the parents are probably along the spectrum too, just not as severely affected.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 10:15 pm

Sorry to seem blunt, but that is all New Age superstition. Many of the "signs" that your child is an Indigo child is just intelligence and strong-willed behavior. And of course the people who do believe it always (big shocker) think that their child (or themselves) is one.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2008, 11:08 pm

whatamess wrote:
Just wondering...I have read a few perspectives...Crystal/Indigo...mainstream medical community autism/adhd and we must fix them...and autism/adhd and there's not a thing wrong with us, just leave us alone...

Just wondering if anyone else has read about it and your views...

I really don't know at this point of my life. Although I would rather be called an Indigo or Crystal child because it is just more enlightening than saying I'm autistic or AS. :) The medical centers just label us autistic or AS or add or ADHD because they think something is wrong with us and they brain wash us to think we are not normal.

I posted this on the Adolescent forum and I have been comments like the blunt and narrow minded comments you got on your forum.

I don't take the Indigo/Crystal thing too seriously, but I HATE the labels the medical centers give to people with these "disorders".

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 4:08 am

The labels are something not to be happy about, but would the label indigo-child make your situation better?

Most people see that you are different anyway. No need to tell them, but you are not considered 'normal' in the first place. A new age label would not change that. Like it is said here, that label would cause people to laugh their asses off, if you tell people about AS they see it differently (still not in a good way though)

I try to see it as my personal difficulty, like there are also people having asthma or something.
And I try to accept my quirks and problems.