Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 12:08 pm

Yes. I have some issues with food.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 12:19 pm

I tend 2 eat my food in certain angles like cuttin across so dat i finish in a perfect postion.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 12:24 pm

No, the exact opposite. my husband is a 'serial eater' - one thing at a time, completely NT and it bugs the hell out of me. I'm of a mind that the side dishes 'go' with the main course and therefore should be sampled in a 1, 2, 3, 4 pattern. Chicken, potatoes, corn, repeat. Eating everything one at a time is too much of one taste and not enough diversity.

listen to me, i sound like emeril.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 12:32 pm

If I had a salad, a steak, and a sweet potato(I love sweet potatoes) placed in front of me I would eat the salad before touching the steak, then the steak before eating the sweet potato. If everything is already mixed, like in a salad, I eat it together, leaving out croûtons and other things I don't like.

If I had a burger/chicken and fries in front of me, I might take a bite of burger/chicken, then a few fries, then a bite of burger/chicken, and so on. But sometimes I eat all of the burger/chicken before eating any fries.

I don't eat filler, by that I mean that if I'm tired of eating something, I don't eat it all. I'd rather feel satisfied and guilty about wasting food than feel sick, bloated, and guilty that I ate too much.

Kirill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2008, 3:13 am

Yes, every food has to be eaten separately. And besides of this, it matters how to cut the whole piece - every time in different order. :roll:

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Feb 2008, 4:47 am

I don't have a specific order for eating food. Although, ever since I was a toddler, I have always eaten one thing at a time.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 9:03 am

mj1 wrote:
Do you usually eat your food in a certain order? I usually eat the least tastiest food on my plate first, then move on leaving the tastiest for last. If I'm eating a salad with chicken in it, I save all the chicken for last. Sometimes, people think the food I save for last is something I don't like. I guess they never heard the expression about saving the best for last. Sometimes, not often, I can't decide what to eat first so then I eat "normally".

I wasn't aware that I did this until a couple of years ago when my mother pointed it out. I don't know if I've always done it or not. I think I might have done this when I was a teenager but it's hard to remember.

I do the opposite. I eat the least tastiest first and end with the most. Except for bread. Gotta eat that first because I love it so much.

That and I tend to eat moving counterclockwise.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Reyairia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2008, 9:07 am

I generally eat the meat first and then move to the rest.
My stomach capacity sucks, so if I'm going to leave leftovers might as well let it be the greens.
(I never outgrew hating vegetables)

01 Feb 2008, 4:24 pm

I eat my food in certain orders but it's different every time. I will eat one thing and then the next on my plate. When it comes to hamburger and fries, I always eat the fries first and then the hamburger.

When I was in school, I'd eat the dessert first on my tray and then go on to eating the rest. But every time the dessert was a frozen food, where you open it and suck on it because it's frozen juice, I'd eat it last because it's takes a while to eat it and it's hard to even open and eat so it thaws out when I am eating the other food first and it's easy to eat when I get to it finally.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 4:47 pm

I do eat my least favourite first and save most of the best to last but I do eat small amounts of the best between the rest!

Microban
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2008, 5:05 pm

I save the tastiest for last.
When I'm around people they envy me because I have something everyone already ate left.
They usually ask me for it, and I politely decline.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 6:24 pm

i NEVER drink my drink until i've eaten all the food.... unless there is a specific combo i like immensely, like something very spicy with milk.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2008, 6:39 pm

I always eat what i like the best first.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2008, 4:02 am

Yep, me-to-a-T

I always eat very methodically, usually least-favorite to most favorite (unless my most-favorite is something that is only good when served hot and it would cool down by the end of the meal)

I even disassemble sandwiches, taking apart the bread and eating each "component" separately.

It's true that this is something that even NT's do, but not to this extent - at some point it becomes very "aspie".

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Feb 2008, 11:05 am

I have a specific order of how I eat food. When I have roast dinner I will always eat the brussels and other veggies first with a bit of something to make them taste a bit nicer and also try and make whats left a bit more balanced. Once my least favourites are gone I will eat random combinations until finally I cut up and mix all my favourite stuff together.

I tend to always slice up and mix together my food.

Saving the best for last is a good idea because when I was young I remembered not doing this and brussels would end up being still on the plate and I would get told to eat them anyway but not only did I not like them I wouldnt be hungry anymore so was quick to learn to eat them first.

fsenseman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2008, 10:26 pm

Must eat the vegetables first. Always. Not that I don't like them, as I only buy veggies I like, but they must be eaten that way. :D