wtf. my co-workers keep telling me to get a girlfriend

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 4:39 am

It's none of their business to tell you to get a partner.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 4:42 am

I hate the way sex and relationships are expected of you just because you're in your twenties.. it gets annoying after a while, people are like OH MY GOD how could you have only been in one relationship, then again most people in New Zealand are sluts.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2008, 6:09 am

The_Cinephile wrote:
Don't file harassment.
That makes you a tattle-tale.
And nobody likes a tattle-tale.
Seriously, if you turn them in, you're just as big of an A-hole as them.
People who tattle can't handle their own problems.
The only time that tattling is OK is when you want revenge.
So...
Two choices:
1) Tattle, lose balls, grow female reproductive organs...
2) Don't tattle, keep balls, don't grow female reproductive organs...

You're on the right track, but it's not that simple. The corporate environment is a witches brew of secret hidden agendas. I suggest reading some books on corporate politics/management as a guide. Learn how to be near that witches brew without being thrown in the pot. And .... PUCKER UP! You've got some butt to kiss!

One way to "turn down the heat" on this is to ask for the impossible and invite them to try to fix you up with the impossible. For example, you could say you only want rich women. If they were rich, they wouldn't be working there. Get the idea?

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 6:52 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I hate the way sex and relationships are expected of you just because you're in your twenties.. it gets annoying after a while, people are like OH MY GOD how could you have only been in one relationship, then again most people in New Zealand are sluts.

I've at least noticed that luckily, that pressure trails off by your late 20's, almost like people are getting more of a natural bearing that there's different personality types out there - just like plenty of NT's are driven more by other things.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 6:08 pm

Hale-Bop wrote:

The thing is, while you're in your 20's you're about the most attractive you'll ever be.

If you don't "score" then, you might never score.

It's personal choice but it's funny how many older people look back and wish they'd done things differently when they were younger.