wtf. my co-workers keep telling me to get a girlfriend

Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 11:34 pm

aaronrey wrote:
they keep saying that it's weird for a 27 year old guy to not have a girlfriend and they said it's our duty as humans to get married and bring children into the world. then one of the managers came around and asked if i have a girlfriend. i said no and he laughed at me

You volunteered way too much information, that's one of the troubles with having AS for a lot of people I see. You need to stay as poised and deflective as you can.

Stewie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Feb 2008, 6:57 pm

The next time you overhear one of them complaining about their kids or "the wife" you should walk by comment on how relaxing and stress free your evenings are.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 7:41 pm

I'd tell them nothing. My life is my own affair.

nory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2008, 12:52 am

It does sound like harassment. I think a lot of people are saying how great it would be to come up with some clever and rude comeback, and thats the kind of thing thats fun to do in your head after the fact, but I would actually reccomend not doing it since he's your boss and it could just set up a challenge.

Last edited by nory on 08 Feb 2008, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 2:21 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
You volunteered way too much information, that's one of the troubles with having AS for a lot of people I see.

The more I shut up, the more I like it.

Preston
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2008, 4:22 am

Sargon wrote:
While one might be happier while they are in a relationship, divorce has a fairly significant negative effect on one's longevity (and probably decreases "happiness"). A 50% chance (~ the divorce rate) of a higher mortality doesn't seem to particularly be worth it. I suppose one could tell their coworker's that, but you'd probably be seen as more weird.

That's a decent point, but it just means that quality of relationships matter a lot too. Good relationships take work. Their studied value certainly shouldn't be mocked.

Ihdreniel
Raven
Raven

09 Feb 2008, 3:58 pm

Heh, I love all these comebacks people are coming up with. Nice. :lol:

kitschinator wrote:
You can find people who will accept you if you are gay, jobless, homeless, of any religious faith, with any physical or mental disease, transgendered, disabled, a criminal, or a drug user. Yet make the mistake of telling someone (or having them find out) that you are not in a relationship, and you are not trying to find a relationship, and you will be universally ostracized by everyone. You are labeled a freak and a loser and people whisper about whether you are gay or have mental problems. If you have other strange habits people may whisper about you being a pedophile or a murderer.

So true. I'm not interested in romantic relationships at all- I'm not in denial, and I'm not repressing feelings of any sort, it's just not something I go for. When I tried to explain this to a kid at school a couple of years ago, he just told me, "Well, you know, they have pills for that." :roll:

jman wrote:
You should have replied with: "No, but I do have 5 kids with 3 different moms" :twisted:

"And if you ever come across any clues as to where they might be right now, I'd appreciate it if you let me know."

It attacks.

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants ?is paycheck.)

dankjones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2008, 8:04 pm

aaronrey wrote:
they keep saying that it's weird for a 27 year old guy to not have a girlfriend and they said it's our duty as humans to get married and bring children into the world. then one of the managers came around and asked if i have a girlfriend. i said no and he laughed at me

Next time someone asks you if you have a girlfriend, say "Yeah, your mom".

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2008, 10:18 pm

aaronrey wrote:

my take on this..... since it is one of the current held theories that asperger's is genetic.... it is our duty as aspies to get married to another aspie and bring children into the world.... just to outpopulate the NT's that do things like this..... *weg* who's with me?

dankjones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2008, 10:55 pm

It's also possible that there may be a girl there who's flirting with you and you're completely unaware of it.

That would explain everything.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 12:02 am

juliekitty wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
You volunteered way too much information, that's one of the troubles with having AS for a lot of people I see.

The more I shut up, the more I like it.

That makes two of us who think that. Keep up the good work :P.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 10:33 am

kit000003 wrote:
my take on this..... since it is one of the current held theories that asperger's is genetic.... it is our duty as aspies to get married to another aspie and bring children into the world.... just to outpopulate the NT's that do things like this..... *weg* who's with me?

I endorse this remark

Last edited by Legato on 11 Feb 2008, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 3:06 pm

Legato wrote:

I endorse this remark[/quote]

Yay - seconded.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 3:16 am

They don't probably think you're gay unless you act feminine. They see you to yourself and shy, and not really socialize like other people at work. So they wonder do you get any p****. So they ask you do you have a girlfriend. Or they just nosey.

MastaVR6
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2008, 7:39 pm

37 y.o.
Its your duty to inform the nosy ones you're a back door man. Unhappy wives don't have to fuss much when they set their designs on you, you are naturally inclined to be helpful. 8O

The_Cinephile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2008, 11:01 pm

Don't file harassment.
That makes you a tattle-tale.
And nobody likes a tattle-tale.
Seriously, if you turn them in, you're just as big of an A-hole as them.
People who tattle can't handle their own problems.
The only time that tattling is OK is when you want revenge.
So...
Two choices:
1) Tattle, lose balls, grow female reproductive organs...
2) Don't tattle, keep balls, don't grow female reproductive organs...

Undead undead undead
The virginal brides file past his tomb
Strewn with time's dead flowers
Bereft in deathly bloom
Alone in a darkened room