What kind of jobs are in Statistics?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Billard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2008, 8:21 pm

A lot of companies utilize a problem-solving methodology called Six Sigma. Six Sigma is heavily focused on the statistical analysis of data. I work in Six Sigma at my company, and a person who was a whiz at stats would be a real good team member.

Six Sigma is not a degree area, basically you are a businessperson who gets some extra training on stats. However, to do Six Sigma really well you need to eat, breath, and live statistics. An analytical mind is also needed.

"The difference between me and a mad man is that he is mad" ? Salvador Dali

outlander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

With strong math aptitude I would watch for interests to develop in engineering. I would stack up most engineers in fields like electrical/electronic engineering against most applied mathematicians in a contest. Of course applied mathematician is on the math side of technology so that is an option as well. I have been a college professor of Mechanical engineering for a decade and a half and I can assure you that the math skills come in there very well. If he stays strictly in the mathematical area, get him into a good university math program, and he'll take it from there if he excels

EvilTeach
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2008, 4:49 pm

Programming

Data Analysis.

Survey Firms

EvilTeach
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2008, 1:42 pm

Programming