Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2005, 4:17 pm

Has anyone seen this ?

Its like a 3D virtual online community where you take on an avatar and build houses and chat to others etc.

Looks pretty cool, but still needs a Credit Card to verify. Has anyone else used them before ? It says its free but I dont really wanna be charged.

http//secondlife.com/

Liadain
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2005, 5:53 pm

I've been a member of Second Life for a year and a half now, and have nothing but positive things to say about it (other than "It should have been free when I joined!" :P)

I've met some fantastic people there, a couple who have become very good RL friends, and I also hold poetry readings every Monday (just had one!) at 2pm PST at my cyber cafe. ;)

There are some amazingly talented people creating art in SL, and it's worth joining just to be able to glimpse that.

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2005, 4:41 am

Poetry reading ! ! wow cool !

im gonna join and watch :lol:

So its safe then, definately not gonna charge me ? My dad monitors my credit card :oops:

So what exactly can you do with your free account ? Can i build a house ?

Liadain
Raven
Raven

14 Sep 2005, 4:47 am

They definitely won't charge you. You can't own your own land with a free account, so you won't be able to build a house unless you find someone who is willing to let you use some of their land. I was fortunate enough to find someone like that when I joined who let me play around on her land to my heart's content. I'd let you do that with my land but it's just about big enough for my own house! But if you just want a place to call your own and aren't bothered about building it yourself there are apartments you can rent as well.