Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 3:20 pm

Once again the odds were against him and he came out the winner although the mods were trying to discredit his support.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5dNXeE2FE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlYig6RpH6M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABoO4ThpMYE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-AtJBG8XIM[/youtube]AtJBG8XIM

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 4:34 pm

I think everyone needs to watch these especially the first one. The only way you can get something from the government is if the government steals money from someone else who's worked for it. Welfare, handouts, and social programs are nothing more than stealing from those who have worked hard to earn their money and then redistributing it to those who contribute little or nothing to our economy. It's not just immoral, it's destroying our country. If it continues, we may eventually be like Cuba.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:46 pm

zendell wrote:
I think everyone needs to watch these especially the first one. The only way you can get something from the government is if the government steals money from someone else who's worked for it. Welfare, handouts, and social programs are nothing more than stealing from those who have worked hard to earn their money and then redistributing it to those who contribute little or nothing to our economy. It's not just immoral, it's destroying our country. If it continues, we may eventually be like Cuba.

Yay! Cheap cigars for everyone!! ! Even the anti-tobacco groups can too!! !

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2008, 7:05 pm

I know someone who was considering voting for him in the NY primary, but when he heard about the newsletters, he was quickly turned off. You can stick a fork in Ron Paul, he's done. Heck, I wonder if he'll be able to hold onto his House seat!

PS: Next time, find someone who doesn't have white-supremacist skeletons in his closet.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 7:13 pm

Ron Paul has no hope of winning, thank God. Don't want a Libertarian running the states.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 7:29 pm

DevilInPgh wrote:
I know someone who was considering voting for him in the NY primary, but when he heard about the newsletters, he was quickly turned off. You can stick a fork in Ron Paul, he's done. Heck, I wonder if he'll be able to hold onto his House seat!

PS: Next time, find someone who doesn't have white-supremacist skeletons in his closet.

I caught that in The New Republic too. Before all this Ron Paul hysteria swept over the Internet, I had heard of from libertarian advocates and actually looked up some more information about him and took a look at his congressional website (which was tacky). My impression of him then (before I had heard about the racist newsletters) was that he was an old-school Southern states'-rights conservative who kneejerk-voted against basically everything as a protest against the whole 20th (and now 21st) century. His reactionary politics was later reframed as freedom-loving, patriotic libertarianism. This allowed for a most strange alliance: Slashdot-esque tech geeks and the café-sitting, trendy bloggers (digg.com) with reactionary paleoconservatives. Few—liberal, conservative, or moderate—realize he votes against things like the war in Iraq, increased military spending, and other signs of President Bush's failure than they would.

Nevertheless, I do believe all serious contenders should have a spot in the public forum.

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2008, 3:52 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

I caught that in The New Republic too. Before all this Ron Paul hysteria swept over the Internet, I had heard of from libertarian advocates and actually looked up some more information about him and took a look at his congressional website (which was tacky). My impression of him then (before I had heard about the racist newsletters) was that he was an old-school Southern states'-rights conservative who kneejerk-voted against basically everything as a protest against the whole 20th (and now 21st) century. His reactionary politics was later reframed as freedom-loving, patriotic libertarianism. This allowed for a most strange alliance: Slashdot-esque tech geeks and the café-sitting, trendy bloggers (digg.com) with reactionary paleoconservatives. Few—liberal, conservative, or moderate—realize he votes against things like the war in Iraq, increased military spending, and other signs of President Bush's failure than they would.

Nevertheless, I do believe all serious contenders should have a spot in the public forum.

At least he didn't deny that we'd been in the middle east before 9-11 like mccain did.

And the thing about all this: ron paul gave quite a few americans their voices back. Many people want a revolution. It looks like people are reading into the media too much. I'd rather follow the constitution and the declaration of independance. And according to all that, if we didn't like rp we could throw him out of office too, ya know? Well...if hitlery or obama or mccain get in office we won't have the guns left to fight with...

"calling for a revolution" (song)by pokerface.

You might look up bill hr1955 "prevention of...homegrown terrorism"(basically). Before you do that, think about the patriot act, and how "they" have abused that.