Gentoo 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Other (please specify) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Other (please specify) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 54

pemdasi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2006, 6:55 am

Debian - mostly. Depends on what I am installing for. For instance I have a border firewall that runs openbsd, while my two laptops run debian. I've been using debian for a while now. I think my history is something like slackware -> redhat -> gentoo -> debian. Been thinking of switching to something a bit more current however, just haven't had the time to do the proper research.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 11:14 am

I have been through numerous distros since falling out with MEPIS. I'm running PCLinuxOS at the moment, I like it fine so far... If anyone cares, the ones in the middle were PC-BSD, FreeBSD, DesktopBSD, VectorLinux SOHO, Zenwalk, STX-LINUX, and Ark/Pocketlinux/Frugalware as ones I started installing but had hardware issues with, or in the case of Pocket simply didn't like. I still have Arch Linux left to try, Slackware 'proper', and Gentoo - but I might just call it a day since PCLinuxOS works well on my system. Nice installer, decent package list, stable, no major irritations other than packages being RPM-based. Also had to install alien from source as it isn't included, and a lot of Mandrake packages won't install to it from RPM as they are missing an authorisation code. Can't have everything I guess....

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!