Another Study Finds No Link Between MMR Vaccine and Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 3:48 pm

Another Study Finds No Link Between MMR Vaccine and Autism (HealthDay)
By Steven Reinberg
HealthDay Reporter

MONDAY, Feb. 4 (HealthDay News) -- Yet another study has found no evidence of a link between the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism.

The British authors of this latest research said theirs was the third and largest study that has looked for a connection between the MMR vaccine and autism, and has failed to find one.

"I think it's fabulous that they have scientifically, God willing, put this issue to rest, although parents will not agree with it and those people who are proponents of measles as the cause [of autism] will find a problem with the paper," said Dr. Pauline A. Filipek, an associate professor of pediatrics and neurology at the University of California, Irvine.

more...

- Emerson

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Feb 2008, 3:53 pm

I have never been allowed to have any Vaccines my whole life.. My mum was strongly against them but I have autism all my life too. They cant possibly be to blame in my case.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Feb 2008, 3:55 pm

Oh and more specifically the MMR jabs I definitely missed out on totally. I felt left out at school when they was doing these and I was the only one not allowed.. Who would have thought I was the only one who wouldbe diagnosed autistic many years later.. lol

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 6:38 pm

Tensho wrote:
I have never been allowed to have any Vaccines my whole life.. My mum was strongly against them but I have autism all my life too. They cant possibly be to blame in my case.

Since you are a legal adult, you can vaccinate yourself now if you wish to.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 7:26 pm

MrMark wrote:
Another Study Finds No Link Between MMR Vaccine and Autism (HealthDay)

And I am not surprised. But no matter how much scientific evidence is amassed, the paranoid nut jobs will still blame the mercury in the MMR vaccines. Even though the MMR never had mercury to begin with.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 11:31 pm

I wonder how many parents obsess about the vaccines because of the pharma deep pockets.

There's something going on about heavy metals and autists but the culture of greed and winning the lottery via lawsuits taints my view.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 12:28 pm

Was there a control group?

"All of the children in the sample had been administered the MMR vaccine"

No. There was not. When I mentioned similar quality scientific studies showing autism treatments effective, I was told that it was junk science. Therefore, I quickly reject this study as junk science.

The only way to truly know whether there's an autism-vaccine connection is to compare autism rates in a vaccinated group versus an unvaccinated group. Now, why can't they do a valid study to test this hypothesis? Are they afraid there will be a connection?

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 12:38 pm

OregonBecky wrote:
I wonder how many parents obsess about the vaccines because of the pharma deep pockets.

Probably none. Pharma is exempt from harm caused by their vaccines. They got politicians to pass a law exempting them from being held responsible for they harm they cause. Why did they need this if these vaccines were safe? I think they knew how harmful these vaccines were and wanted to get rich from the revenues while forcing patients to suffer and taxpayers to foot the bill.

According to the official government website, the government has already paid out $2 billion to settle claims for vaccine damage. Looks like the DTP vaccine alone has already killed 700 people. Did these victims get just compensation? According to the official site, "Awards to the estate in a vaccine-related death are limited to $250,000"

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation ... #post_1988

I don't see how any sane, rational person would willingly take a product that is so dangerous that the makers needed to get a special exemption so they couldn't be held liable for the harm it causes.