Page 1 of 37 [ 577 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2004, 9:29 pm

Hey Everyone - Welcome to the Friendship Board for those who are between 15 and 18 years in age. 8)

Do you want to meet other Aspies in your peer group from everywhere in the "global village" that is Earth? Well done! You've taken the first step in doing so by visiting this forum. Please, feel free to post a "synopsis of yourself", including your age, gender, country of origin, and any other aspect you would like to feature. Respondents may answer your post via the personal message "pm" function at www.wrongplanet.net

PLEASE - DO NOT HAVE YOUR EMAIL OR RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, ETC IN YOUR POST. IT IS UNWISE TO HAVE SUCH DETAILS AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC USE!

:wink: Happy Friend-Finding :wink:

Last edited by TyroneShoelaces on 15 Jul 2004, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_enigma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2004, 9:46 pm

Hi! I guess I'll be the first one to respond.
I am a 15 year old female from New York. I have mild pdd-nos and I think I have Hyperlexia.
I like this place very much and it's nice to see people who have things in common with me.
I don't have much to say at the moment but I'm here to talk.

Last edited by the_enigma on 14 Jun 2005, 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2004, 3:29 am

Heya

I am an eighteen-year-old bloke, born in the United Kingdom, resident in New Zealand [Australia's Poorer Cousin :D ]. In addition to having Asperger's myself, I have worked with autistic children in a professional capacity since the age of fourteen. I would recommend this type of work to others who place on the spectrum, even if you were to act in a voluntary role; Autistic children are usually most non-judgmental [as you well know], making them far easier to associate with than your average neurotypical.

My sense of humour is rather obscure, and I often make silly comments without be aware of making them :? More so in "real-life than on the internet, one would hope :) !

Please, "Take the Plunge" and post here [or anywhere else in the domain]! Do not be shy! Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that type of thing! www.wrongplanet.net has the potential to be a utopia for odd-bods like us, but someone needs to make the initial effort!

Best of Luck for the official launch guys!

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2004, 9:02 am

I am seventeen years old. I live in France, which is also my country of origin. I was diagnosed as gifted and ADHD, but I probably have Asperger's too.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2004, 2:57 pm

hmm oh why not?!

I'm katie, 16, born and bred in United Kingdom- more specifically England. I have Asperger's Syndrome (diagnosed last september). Not sure what else to put! Erm......

Cup of Tea?

Dizzy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jul 2004, 9:09 pm

17,NY, AS here

Last edited by Dizzy on 01 Aug 2004, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Staige
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2004, 6:26 pm

hey im staige (well at least thats what my friends call me) im 15 turning 16 soon and welll umm i love my friends but they all graduated so hopefully i will be finding new ones as the new school year starts up again here in the USA so yeah i wish they could hang out wiht me though but they are really busy although they are sitll my friends .... so ummm..... thats alll i have to say .... bye

eboresow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2004, 9:33 pm

I'm Elizabeth, just turned 15. I'm dx'd AS, but self-dx'd also hyperlexic. This year I'll be a freshman in HS, so that's a huge transition. Academically doing great, but very hyperacusis. I hope to work with ASD kids for a living, but right now need to become more higher functioning to do that. Yeah, I live in KS USA. I don't really work yet, but I give piano lessons and occasionally graph ABLLS tests for ABA/BCBAs. Plus helping my dad w/ his lawn service. I volunteer with Special Olympics (but I play on a normal basketball team!) and at a hospital. I'm a fast typer.

People can usually tell I'm not normal if they are around me for a generous amt of time. I can talk, but I usually don't. Besides having slow oral-motor muscles, my articulation is difficult too. So I usually talk slower and incomprehensibly! Through the Internet and seeing a couple interpreted musicals, I've learned some ASL. the grammar I don't get. I also write a ton of notes to ppl instead of saying stuff, and use fingerspelling often. Other than that, I give up. Somebody I met at a NT camp suggested I get an ACD (AAC). She had a CP sister and thought it would help me. But sometimes my speech is normal. Frustrating.

Enough for now. Good to see some others here. Sorry I'm late posting. Been on a trip and leaving for an ASD Camp next wk.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2004, 4:10 pm

hi im taz im 17 and i was born in bristol, UK but moved to midwales when i was 1 and grew up in the countryside., then moved back to bristol at 15.
i was only diagnosed with mild aspergers syndrome at 16, since i was 5 everybody (including me) thought i had dyslexia.
im very creative, i paint and draw, make electronic music aswell as sing in bands, i VJ (video DJ) and scriptwrite my own short films, and pretty soon i'll be getting into the filming and directing myself.
im not that great at speaking, as i have replied in other threads in the forum, i am quite a slurred speaker and stutter with words quite a lot. but people just take it for normal when they are with me. its quite a catch22, i have this great mind but find trouble speaking it.
its only with the internet i can fully 'connect' to other people. (bad pun, i know)

anyway, its great to finally find a website like this. these people are really like me! haha
ok im gone, if anyone wants to talk to me on msn or anything, id love to.
ok bye!

JustMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2004, 11:55 am

I'm 18 and will be going off to college in a month. I live in the USA. I was diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder less than a year ago, but I've been suffering from it all my life. People wouldn't diagnose me sooner than that because I'm too smart. I have a hard time talking to people. I'm much better at talking on-line, probably because I can't actually see the people. I guess that's about it.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2004, 3:30 pm

KtMcS wrote:
hmm oh why not?!

I'm katie, 16, born and bred in United Kingdom- more specifically England. I have Asperger's Syndrome (diagnosed last september). Not sure what else to put! Erm......

Cup of Tea?

shall we all gather round the campfire now and sing songs? or shall we tell ghost stories?

Just thought I'd add that my hobbies/interests are reading, writing, films, psychology, drawing, drama, dance, singing. And that I'm glad to meet you all!

Sonas càirdeas

Mana
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2004, 4:47 pm

Ok here I’ll give it a try as well. I’m from Norway and turning 19 this year in December. I was diagnosed with AS in February. Always been a unique kid and most people will after seeing me say I am a one-of-a-kind that is partially positive and partially negative. I kind of like hearing my own voice so I do speak a lot. Always preferred monologs over dialogs because most people have a tendency to talk about nothing. The talk with no real topic is not a strong side and I do not really like superficial compliments either. I do give some compliments though because most people like reassurance.

I consider myself a citizen of the world and have friends from all world regions except Antarctica. Only bilingual at the moment but working on a third which is French before learning a fourth, Spanish. Well that is all for now, feel free to personal message me if any of you want to know more.

sigman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2004, 9:25 pm

I am Noah. I am 18 years old currently and I am based out of Northwestern Lower Michigan but I was originally born in Rhode Island but lived in NW Lower Michigan my whole life. I have been diagnosed with aspergers but I am also a high functioning autistic kid. My looks can be deceiving if you were to see me in school but I am VERY SOCIALLY SHY. I sometimes tense up in school in the hallways or lunchtime in the cafeteria when I stare at other people when no one is sitting with me and it is not usually my best of moments. A couple kids intend to give me a hardtime on purpose but I just takeoff really quickly. Thankfully I have found this site. I rather talk to people like all of you that are about my age about this then someone I am socially scared or just simply shy about. I am also a huge NBA fan and a huge Basketball card collector and a big NBA autograph collector.

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2004, 2:02 pm

I'm 16, in 11th grade at a computer academy (english is actually my best subject), and I like writing, cats, and RPGs.

dragongirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2004, 11:45 am

wats up??

I am 16 . I am a cowgirl!! Live in Texas.

I was diagnosed last year. I am still not sure if it is right. I am not like a ret*d. But I am different. I dont know about autism though. I am not autistic , I have AS.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Dec 2004, 2:25 pm

no-one here is a ret*d

Sonas càirdeas