Roman Emperor Asininus Severus Primaverae AS Friend or Foe?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Asininus Severus Primaverae, friend or foe?
Poll ended at 12 Oct 2005, 11:51 pm
Friend 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Friend 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Foe 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Foe 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
It looks like someone needs to be taking their meds! 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
It looks like someone needs to be taking their meds! 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 26

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2005, 11:51 pm

There once lived a man named Asininus Severus Primaverae. His loyal troops elected him emperor of Rome. Like most Roman emperors, though, he plotted, campaigned, and persecuted. The question is, was Asininus SP (kinda like Game Boy Advance SP! :D) a friend or foe of Asperger's syndrome?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 12:28 am

I voted for #3. At least you still have the presence of mind to think of that possibility. :wink:

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 9:52 am

/me sits back and sips a cold beer as NeantHumain completely loses it and starts postulating that caesar was the real SUMO POPE, mortal emeny of all bi-polars.

I voted #3. I like you, but this is really a lot more crazy than what I normally expect of you. I like it, in a way. . .

/me nods sagely

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 10:07 am

Sorry voted #3. Kinda illogical to expect people to know who you are talking about and make any inferences like you wish people to make on a person so long dead it's not funny. ;)

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 11:03 am

Prometheus wrote:
I voted #3. I like you, but this is really a lot more crazy than what I normally expect of you. I like it, in a way. . .

Heh, I was really bored and the phrase "asinius severus" slipped into my mind, and I decided to make it into—what else—a poll! Of course, asininus is Latin for ass (as in donkey), and primaverae is Latin for spring's or of spring (I think).

Nota bene that I was not having some overnight hypomanic episode or what-not.

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 1:11 pm

I would say he was par for the course for any political figure of the time (and many political figures today).

He would have a difficult time marshalling his Troops against a diagnostic construct that didn't even exist then, though.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 4:05 pm

adversarial wrote:
I would say he was par for the course for any political figure of the time (and many political figures today).

I pulled Asininus Severus Primaverae out of thin air. He's not even a legal fiction!

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 5:06 pm

But you could easily be giving a very broad definition of many figures of the type you created. Of course, something that sounds like a botched version of 'Severely Asinine' is open to being though of as such, too.

SquanderedPotential
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2005, 8:57 pm

i voted foe because the name clearly indicated he was severely asinine. didn't anyone else pick up on this? pretty standard etymology... :roll: :wink:

in my mind

"If you fit the mold of a chipmunk, you probably aren't a kangaroo." - DeepThought