Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

LVBen
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2008, 3:13 pm

LVBen wrote:
Fayed wrote:
OK, my great grandpa died today( 82, cancer, we knew it was coming for about a month). Now I've noticed the rest of my family is visibly upset ( crying, easy angered, etc). Another thing that I have noticed is that I'm not sad, at all. It't not like I didn't love him, he was a cool grandpa that i saw most weekends during the summer ( he was in Texas the rest of the year) and i Loved him. I have just noticed that the rest of my family is really broken up, and here i am wondering if i should have gone to classes the day he died. Is this normal? Has his death just not hit me yet, or is it something else?

When I was 9, my great grandmother died. I did not cry at all. I really didn't feel much of anything. Instead, my mind was preoccupied w/ the fact that I was not a pallbearer because I was not a first born son...

When I was 20, my best friend's mom died. I had almost no reaction whatsoever when he told me that she died, because of my aspieness + I was completely SHOCKED, because it was totally unexpected. He was living w/ her and his stepfather, and he hated his stepfather, so he moved out and I didn't know how to contact him, and he never contacted me again. :(

When I was about 22, my cat (the most awesome cat EVER) died. I felt a HUGE loss and I still miss her very much, but I don't think I shed more than a few tears.

I forgot about another death in my life. When I was about 12, my family's dog died. She was having strokes and/or heart attacks right in front of us. I was completely devastated, and I was a complete emotional wreck. My parents had gotten her when I was an infant. I cried in my sister's arms for a couple of hours straight!