Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:39 pm

What is with the hatred towards NTs? What did they ever do to you?! I can safely say that I was teased by NTs at school. But unlike people on WP, I didn't start hating them.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:44 pm

Alot of them seem to seek out your weaknesses, and prey upon them. :twisted:

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:45 pm

Berserker's weakness is food. XD

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:47 pm

I know some NTs that I love. I strongly suspect that one of my dogs is NT and haven't kicked her out.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:47 pm

Berserker wrote:
What is with the hatred towards NTs? What did they ever do to you?! I can safely say that I was teased by NTs at school. But unlike people on WP, I didn't start hating them.

Exactly :D Sometimes I wonder how there are any NTs on here the way they're stereotyped. I find that while some are mean, there are many others that are nice! (Like my friends!! !)

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:50 pm

Berserker wrote:

I hated many of my schoolmates--were they all NT's? I don't know? They could have had many symptoms and disabilities. It didn't matter to me, I just didn't like them.

One thing I've noticed is that many people here don't even for a second think that they might be insulting a fellow autistic. I read some comments and it's always "Some NT so and so." It is always an assumption.

After Realization, I just dropped all the negative emotions--I still have my biasese, however. I find that many people, including us, are shaped by our social environment, standing, and situation. I blame not the NT who is idiotic enough to be a follower because I myself am not capable or effective enough to be a leader.

I just stay quiet and try to do my task to the best of my abilites. I don't need any more stress in my life.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:58 pm

I don't know about hate, it's a waste of time and energy I can use better. I have a strong dislike for certain people who have been mean to me, but I would never say I dislike "NT's", because then I would have to include my family (which I love), my college peers, some teachers and a lot of people who have been nice to me - and I would also have to include a lot of people who support autistic people, so yeah, it's not a smart thing to say for me.

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 12:16 am

Okay, point 1, you're female. Male dynamics are completely different. I realize girls/women can be absolutely nasty vicious to another girl/woman if they choose to, and sometimes that happens, but it does not happen nearly as often as the physical dominance that males use. Males tend to dominate other males by beating the snot out of them, and no matter how big you are, or how strong, there are ALWAYS more of "them" than you can handle. If you win once, the next time there's 3 of them. If you manage to scrape by that time theres, 10 the next time.

Point 2, you're in Australia and I think a lot of the people making the statements you're talking about are in the US. In this country there's practically a religious fervor for high school sports teams, football being the most common. It's practically a sacrament for those players to 'pick on the geeks' which usually involves humiliation, physical beatings and in some cases actual damage, such as broken bones. They're almost never punished. Now certainly not every "geek" is an Aspie, but almost any Aspie would get classed as a geek. Or dork, or nerd, or other disparaging term. It's one reason Bill Gates is such a hero to some of us. Somehow, you just know, that there's a former cheerleader crying herself to sleep beside her drunken unemployed ex-football playing husband in their run down ratty trailer thinking, "I could have dated Billy Gates".

All that being said, I don't hate NT's. Actually, there are maybe only 2 or 3 people in the world I actually actively dislike. I don't LIKE most NT's, but then I don't LIKE most of ANY group. It doesn't mean I dislike them, it means I don't care. I might have had a different answer 25 years ago, but time and age have mellowed some of those memories. Bitter? Yes. Hate? No.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 12:19 am

Americans must be dumb then.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2008, 12:21 am

I think it's pretty ridiculous to hate anyone as a whole group for something they can't help, and judging them individually based on gross generalizations. I also think it's absurdly hypocritical to accuse them of doing just that, while the very accusation against them requires doing the same thing. I'm not sure that made sense, but in my head it did. Plus, I've never personally known any other Aspies, just suspected ones. And though I don't feel a strong liking to most people I meet (that seem to me to be NTs) I certainly havn't known enough suspected Aspies to even make a remotely fair comparison. And I also don't think all Autistic people are noble geniuses any more than I think all NTs are phoney shallow bullies. Mabe alot of us have more bad experinces with them because there are simply alot of them. Regardless of race, gender, or even Autism, we have far more differences on an individual bases. So I'd much rather judge and be judged on an individual bases.

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 12:22 am

Berserker wrote:

Quote:

Sadly, often. However, MOST are NT's.... :P

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2008, 12:59 am

Berserker wrote:

Boys & girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange? Come with us and you will see, this our town of Aspies Free!

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 1:02 am

There were NTs that were nice to me and others that were abusive and took advantage of you. I for one don't harbor any ill-will against NTs in general. The overwhelming majority of my friends were NTs( with probably one exception).

Last edited by Silver_Meteor on 09 Feb 2008, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 1:03 am

Pithlet wrote:
I think it's pretty ridiculous to hate anyone as a whole group for something they can't help, and judging them individually based on gross generalizations. I also think it's absurdly hypocritical to accuse them of doing just that, while the very accusation against them requires doing the same thing. I'm not sure that made sense, but in my head it did. Plus, I've never personally known any other Aspies, just suspected ones. And though I don't feel a strong liking to most people I meet (that seem to me to be NTs) I certainly havn't known enough suspected Aspies to even make a remotely fair comparison. And I also don't think all Autistic people are noble geniuses any more than I think all NTs are phoney shallow bullies. Mabe alot of us have more bad experinces with them because there are simply alot of them. Regardless of race, gender, or even Autism, we have far more differences on an individual bases. So I'd much rather judge and be judged on an individual bases.

Nice way of putting it, Pithlet.

PS. Love the avatar.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 1:42 am

I only hate them because they hate me.
(And they think that making life a living hell for anyone who's not lucky enough to have the same social skills that they do makes them SO awesome!)

Last edited by Cheerlessleader on 09 Feb 2008, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 1:44 am

I dont hate nts, i actually dont hate anybody, i def dislike certian ppl nt or not!