What level of functioning do you think I am?

Page 6 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 10:03 pm

Wow all i have to say is wow, i thought this thread would be dead by now lol. Thanks for everybodys replies. I know i have my times that i'm high functioning and my times that im low functioning, so i'm happy to say im just moderate-high functioning. Think its fits me well.
As for if u met me, see autistic traits, yep if u know what autism is, u def see traits. if u don't know what autism is, ur think i was just not all there. I had a guy ask if i was on crack, because i was spinning in circles, pacing back and forth, touching random things like the radio lol, he was like "are u on crack, ur going to make a huge hole in the floor haha" I just kept spinning lol! We were in a car dealership, so funny. Luckily a couple ppl there knew im autistic, because my bf told them, and one of the guys head manager's sister works with autistics, so everybody just let me do my thing haha.
Anyways thanks again for everybodys replies and comments!

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 11:03 pm

ebec11 wrote:
I don't think I was going overboard.

the convo died a month ago :roll:

if you've read anything from her at all you'd have a better summation of her traits. but like you said, maybe she was having a bad day and needed compliments... and MAYBE it just rubbed me the wrong way and i overreacted. i didn't mean too much by it... it's no big deal. i'm sorry my comment bothered you so much (and Age1600*, for that matter). learn to just let them go... it's the internet.

edit: *if it did bother her

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 12:44 am

Sedaka wrote:
ebec11 wrote:

if you've read anything from her at all you'd have a better summation of her traits. but like you said, maybe she was having a bad day and needed compliments... and MAYBE it just rubbed me the wrong way and i overreacted. i didn't mean too much by it... it's no big deal. i'm sorry my comment bothered you so much (and Age1600*, for that matter). learn to just let them go... it's the internet.

I tend to go back on old messages, so that's why I don't think it's overboard. Like I said, I'll try to leave this alone (getting harder and harder to do as I feel you're being passive aggresive).
Letting go of stuff is one of my hard points. I still have a huge (like if you mention the name Kyle I'll go on a rant kind) obsession against a guy who called me fat in 5th grade. That's a symptom of my Autism

I will say that I am extremely depressed and angry for the past week or so, so I could be saying stuff that might be offensive. I won't take them back, but at least you'll know why.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 8:33 am

ebec11 wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
ebec11 wrote:

I tend to go back on old messages, so that's why I don't think it's overboard. Like I said, I'll try to leave this alone (getting harder and harder to do as I feel you're being passive aggresive).
Letting go of stuff is one of my hard points. I still have a huge (like if you mention the name Kyle I'll go on a rant kind) obsession against a guy who called me fat in 5th grade. That's a symptom of my Autism

I will say that I am extremely depressed and angry for the past week or so, so I could be saying stuff that might be offensive. I won't take them back, but at least you'll know why.

if you expect the same courtesies on a forum board... then maybe you shouldn't treat people in a way you wouldn't want to be treated... cause you're doing to me EXACTLY what you don't like having done to you. and it's not passive aggressive; i'm being very direct... i don't take back my comment on this thread either... it's my opinion.

im sorry you're feeling bad... but don't use your autism as an excuse :roll:

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 8:46 am

i just saw your other thread.......

look im sorry... i don't mean to be rude... guess we're feeling kinda the same even if we don't see it atm. i say we both grant each other a bad day.

<3 ?

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 2:31 pm

Sedaka wrote:
ebec11 wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
ebec11 wrote:

if you expect the same courtesies on a forum board... then maybe you shouldn't treat people in a way you wouldn't want to be treated... cause you're doing to me EXACTLY what you don't like having done to you. and it's not passive aggressive; i'm being very direct... i don't take back my comment on this thread either... it's my opinion.

im sorry you're feeling bad... but don't use your autism as an excuse :roll:
I'm not using it as an excuse, I'm just explaining why I'm unable to let this go
I don't think I'm being passive agressive, I'm just being plain ol' aggressive because I'm in a bad mood still
But I do apoligize, I think I'm getting a bit overboard now...I'll regret it in a couple hours, but I'm still in the heat of the moment.

NewportBeachDude
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2008, 4:14 pm

Age1600 wrote:
Wow all i have to say is wow, i thought this thread would be dead by now lol. Thanks for everybodys replies. I know i have my times that i'm high functioning and my times that im low functioning, so i'm happy to say im just moderate-high functioning. Think its fits me well.
As for if u met me, see autistic traits, yep if u know what autism is, u def see traits. if u don't know what autism is, ur think i was just not all there. I had a guy ask if i was on crack, because i was spinning in circles, pacing back and forth, touching random things like the radio lol, he was like "are u on crack, ur going to make a huge hole in the floor haha" I just kept spinning lol! We were in a car dealership, so funny. Luckily a couple ppl there knew im autistic, because my bf told them, and one of the guys head manager's sister works with autistics, so everybody just let me do my thing haha.
Anyways thanks again for everybodys replies and comments!

Age1600, when this thread first started I said I felt you were low to medium functioning based on what you shared with us. But, you only gave limited details. Are you employed? Can you live on your own? Are you capable of handling independence and functionality out there in the world without intervention or assistance? If so, you may very well be high-functioning. But, we don't know you presonally or see you function each day.

I don't think you can determine a person's functionality based on how they appear on the internet. You have to see that person function in real life to really make a true judgment. Many Autistics stim. Your spinning is a big stim. But, if it doesn't get in the way of your doing anything, it may be okay. But, if you can't stop spinning long enough to focus, complete a task, accomplish something, then that's a problem and it's a functionality problem. Stimming can limit your life in many ways. We just don't know that because we don't know you personally.

You see what I mean? My kid used to stim a lot as well, but with Early Intervention, they've reduced it and have gotten him to better manage his stims. I do think if you're going to go the behavioral route, you need to start young on this type of thing. You need to redirect the brain when it's still developing. If not, medication is really your only hope later on. I'd like some feedback on that if anyone has any. Thanks.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 4:21 pm

Okay, let's just say that Age is Age. Sometimes this, sometimes that. She probably only posts on the board when she's high-functioning. :)

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 10:27 am

Ana54 wrote:
Okay, let's just say that Age is Age. Sometimes this, sometimes that. She probably only posts on the board when she's high-functioning. :)
:D

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/